Fast Air

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

saskflyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Fast Air

Post by saskflyer »

I've noticed Fast advertising quite often in the last few months for 200 drivers. Just wondering if anyone can PM or post here what current conditions are like there? Looking for info like starting pay for captains and what raises look like, schedule, per diems, and anything else that would be attractive or unattractive. Also wondering what progression to the jet side of things is like, meaning... does it happen often that 200 drivers stick around long enough to move onto the jets?
---------- ADS -----------

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Fast Air

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

Its a 2 weeks on 2 weeks off type of deal. You're rarely based in Winnipeg, mostly is in Northern Manitoba. Its all medevac stuff. Progression can be attained usually if you're there for more than a year or a year and a half. But I'm sure with the movement in our aviation industry, you'll be outta there in 8 months. These companies have been bleeding with pilots for the last year to 2 years. These medevac King Air Jobs, eventhough very good, will always be shortstaffed.

Shibby
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Fast Air

Post by Shibby »

The last information I had ( about 6 months ago ) was this:

7 on 7 off, Bases are Winnipeg, Thompson, Norway House and I think St Theresa point/Garden hill. Do the math, chances are you'll be away from peg.

Pay was 55K for skipper. I've heard about an additional mileage system, but take that with a grain of salt.

10K "training agreement" for one year. No $ up front.

G1000s 200s and the jets don't fly an exceptional bunch, think it's mostly management who flies them when required.

Plan for on call life. unfortuantely, our canadian regs make it that you will be bagged by the end of the tour. If the phone rings. I digress...

I think they are good 703 outfit (KA200). They seam to have their ducks in a row. however you'll always find someone somewhere who had a bad time.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Employment Forum”