Wasaya job ad

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Wasaya job ad

Post by lazyeight »

Looks like they are hurting for even more pilots that I thought. No longer even putting minimums down for each job which means they are probably not getting enough resumes with their set mins. I wonder how low they will go now for 1900 and PC12 FO's and Captains. Under an ATPL for PC12 Cpt? Who knows..

Anyone on the inside have any info on how many pilots they are loosing a month to the regionals? Must be a lot. Heard from a Jazz guy that they have been gobbling up 1900FO's from Wasaya and PFO'ing a decent amount of the 3000-4000hr Captains.
---------- ADS -----------

Mercator
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Wasaya job ad

Post by Mercator »

That job posting is BS.

I sent them a resume 3 times over the last 3 months, TT 1300 plus for FO position. Haven't heard back, not even an acknowledgement.

I can bet you they are hunting for guys with PPC or time on type.

porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by porcsord »

Mercator wrote:I sent them a resume 3 times over the last 3 months, TT 1300 plus for FO position. Haven't heard back, not even an acknowledgement.
Or maybe, you're just not the candidate they are looking for... talk about entitled.

Mercator
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mercator »

porcsord wrote:
Mercator wrote:I sent them a resume 3 times over the last 3 months, TT 1300 plus for FO position. Haven't heard back, not even an acknowledgement.
Or maybe, you're just not the candidate they are looking for... talk about entitled.
Right and they sense it from a normal looking one page resume without an interview,maybe I should put your name " PORCSORD" on it to make it work (since you know so much eh). :goodman:

My point was to check if any 1000-1400 hour guys with no time on type have gotten any calls from them.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

The real question is, did NickyNick get a call?

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

:lol:

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Mercator wrote:That job posting is BS.

I sent them a resume 3 times over the last 3 months, TT 1300 plus for FO position. Haven't heard back, not even an acknowledgement.

Probably, When you can't staff aircraft this is the quickest way to get them in the air. Problem for Wasaya is that they're a shitty company and anyone that is current on a 1900 or PC12 is not going to go there for the crappy pay and not knowing if you'll have a job in a month.

Seriously, don't be upset that they didn't call you. You get to keep 10K in your bank account.

Mercator
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mercator »

flyinhigh wrote:
Mercator wrote:That job posting is BS.

Probably, When you can't staff aircraft this is the quickest way to get them in the air. Problem for Wasaya is that they're a shitty company and anyone that is current on a 1900 or PC12 is not going to go there for the crappy pay and not knowing if you'll have a job in a month.

Seriously, don't be upset that they didn't call you. You get to keep 10K in your bank account.
Ah I see now what they are trying to do, some operators don't get it... They push too hard with job postings, I see they just lowered there minimums to 700 hrs, like they can't find any 1000 hour plus guys anymore.

There is something fishy about this , like I said in my previous post I am current and well satisfy there minimums along with descent references from previous mangers, applied 3 times in the last 3 months to separate positions. Not bothered much by it as I just started somewhere, but find there "desperate" job postings misleading. Almost like an employment scam maybe if you have 10k up and a dim future there I would be worried.

So many openings and they can't find some one.....or the "right person" yet.......yeah right

(And also this is for real and I am not trolling....nickynicking around lol: )

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

So, you just started somewhere recently and got rated but applying to them now? That may be part of what scares them off, to come off as a guy that's going to jump ship quickly when something different comes along. Also, make sure someone has proof read your resumé and cover letter. Judging solely by the above posts, that will be fairly important.

porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by porcsord »

^ Nailed it.

Mercator
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mercator »

cdnpilot77 wrote:So, you just started somewhere recently and got rated but applying to them now? That may be part of what scares them off, to come off as a guy that's going to jump ship quickly when something different comes along. Also, make sure someone has proof read your resumé and cover letter. Judging solely by the above posts, that will be fairly important.
My post was about the past...about my prior applications, either ways I am still speculating about the multiple openings, not jumping ship I know the importance of 2 years with an employer.

Not to sound over confident but I did get job offers based on my present resume, it's just about Wasaya's hiring I am doubting.

Mercator
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mercator »

porcsord wrote:^ Nailed it.

Porcsord ! I Like your spirit.....you will win one day!

porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by porcsord »

The thing about the "anonymous" internet forums in tiny industries, is that they are not anonymous at all. For all you know I could be the CP of Wasaya, who read your resume three times and decided that you just weren't right for the position. I'm fortunately not in Ontario, so that's probably not the case... but you never know. As for winning one day, I'd like to think I'm winning, I mean, I've never been desperate enough to apply at Wasaya.... 3 times...
Mercator wrote: I know the importance of 2 years with an employer.
Oh do you? please enlighten me to this wonderful rule? I mean 2 years is quite the commitment :roll:

NickyNick
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NickyNick »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote:The real question is, did NickyNick get a call?
I didn't get a call yet.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

NickyNick wrote:
JohnnyHotRocks wrote:The real question is, did NickyNick get a call?
I didn't get a call yet.

You don't say, I just can't believe it

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Well I did! Start grondschool on the caravan next week! $21,000 anally plus per dimes! Gonna fly that thing at the barbara pull!

Last edited by JohnnyHotRocks on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: at the barbara pull!
Omg, I thought I was the only nerd that still remembered that and laugh about it! :lol:

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Why is that funny?

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)