Flight Dispatcher Questions

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Komshia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Flight Dispatcher Questions

Post by Komshia »

hey guys . I pass transport Canada flight dispatcher exams its been a while and as you u know its valid for two years from the date of the exams, as well as I have Diploma in air traffic control and good knowledge in aviation . i tried to applied wherever i see job vacancy and almost all airline company . unfortunately i did not get chance for interview or call and wondering why ?

what do you think guys ?
what the employer looking for ?

anyone has good advice i will be appreciate .
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Flight Dispatcher Questions

Post by ahramin »

First question: Is English your first language?

Komshia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Komshia »

Second language

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

I would work very hard on improving your English, and make sure your resume has been proofread by someone qualified to do so.

What airlines have you applied at? What part of the country are you in?

Komshia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Komshia »

yes i agree with you i need to be improved, actually i am located in Toronto Ontario .

yes my resume its been written by Qualified person , if you know English school or program that offering courses let me know

Airlines like Air Canada, West Jet .. and major companies

JZA Dxer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JZA Dxer »

You may have a hard time getting an interview with a major airline with zero dispatch experience. That is not to say it can't happen but unlikely. You may want to consider applying for a job at a smaller operation to get the experience and then apply at the majors. At Jazz we have hired people right of college but not many. Good luck!

Komshia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Komshia »

Thank you for reply .

its true, it will be much easier

pepsi
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pepsi »

I'm in the same situation as yours, I passed fdmet and fdops, I'm bilingual (french and english), I have cpl, I have experience as a flight attendant, send resumes almost everywhere it was possible to do so and never got any interview... welcome in the aviation world !!!

Thank god, I did it by myself and didn't pay for any courses to pass it, otherwise I will be more in debt than I'm right now (due to pilote licence).

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Maybe they aren't hiring at this moment? My brother-in-law just graduated from an 8 month dispatching course and had a full time job offer before finishing his practicum.

pepsi
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pepsi »

ahramin wrote:Maybe they aren't hiring at this moment? My brother-in-law just graduated from an 8 month dispatching course and had a full time job offer before finishing his practicum.

Good for him, but all the resumes I've sent, were to apply to jobs that has been published by compagnies, I never had any answer. They ask for specific experiences in the field but if no one hire you it's gonna be difficult to get one.
Anyway it was the same thing when I looked for a job as a pilot, I know the music now.

Komshia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Komshia »

I Know some people got job with no experience in aviation at all.
does not matter if we have experience in aviation its all about who you know . the key is here ( connection with right people in field )
however its good to know someone .

Return to “Employment Forum”