SkyNorth?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

SkyNorth?

Post by yhz41 »

Does anyone have any info on SkyNorth? General working conditions basically
---------- ADS -----------

AWOS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: SkyNorth?

Post by AWOS »

I don't work there but I'm friends with a few who do and I've seen a lot of their operation first hand.

Week on, week off. Bases in Thompson, Island Lake and Winnipeg. The accommodations in YIV aren't great IMO. I believe FOs are mid-thirties for pay and captains are in the mid-fifties and up for pay - captains receive a mileage bonus after a certain amount of miles. Don't quote me on that.

Because the company is medevac only and Manitoba Health requires 500 MPIC for medevac captains, you won't be upgraded if you don't meet the MB Health requirements. You'll probably do about 40 hours a month on medevac in Manitoba but it can fluctuate a lot.

AWOS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: SkyNorth?

Post by AWOS »

I don't work there but I'm friends with a few who do and I've seen a lot of their operation first hand.

Week on, week off. Bases in Thompson, Island Lake and Winnipeg. The accommodations in YIV aren't great IMO. I believe FOs are mid-thirties for pay and captains are in the mid-fifties and up for pay - captains receive a mileage bonus after a certain amount of miles. Switchout is on Tuesday where you will end up in Winnipeg; only flight medics get paid travel home from there. Don't quote me on any of that.

Because the company is medevac only and Manitoba Health requires 500 MPIC for medevac captains, you won't be upgraded if you don't meet the MB Health requirements. You'll probably do about 40 hours a month on medevac in Manitoba but it can fluctuate a lot.

Return to “Employment Forum”