Perimeter Medevac

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Perimeter Medevac

Post by KenoraPilot »

Is it true Perimeter is hiring DEC captains onto the Dash8? Crazy how things have changed since I worked the ramp there years years ago!
---------- ADS -----------

NobodyCares
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NobodyCares »

If anymore metro pilots leave for the dash, there won't be any metros flying!!

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

How are things at Perimeter these days? How is their venture into Sioux Lookout and Ontario going? I hear rumours, both on here and in person. Not sure what all to believe. PM would be appreciated too.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

dttlp9 wrote:Well maybe I'm too easy on them. But for me it worked out well.
Get in, get experience, get money, get out.
:roll:
Not everyone wants to be a airline pilot ya know. Personally, as a medevac pilot but not at this company, I enjoy doing some flying that actually means a damn, folks are still alive because of the work my crew and I do. Also depending on where you work/live/fly look at QOL not just gross pay, making 90k in one place can actually be way better than making 150 somewhere else. YMMV

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

SuperchargedRS wrote:
Not everyone wants to be a airline pilot ya know. Personally, as a medevac pilot but not at this company, I enjoy doing some flying that actually means a damn, folks are still alive because of the work my crew and I do. Also depending on where you work/live/fly look at QOL not just gross pay, making 90k in one place can actually be way better than making 150 somewhere else. YMMV
Agreed. The flip side, though, is that I would gladly take less money to be at a regional (or somewhere else) that didn't have the "Rolling Duty Day". I did that for a year and while some folks loved it, it was definitely not for me. Not saying one is better than an other, but everyone is different.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

JBI wrote:
SuperchargedRS wrote:
Agreed. The flip side, though, is that I would gladly take less money to be at a regional (or somewhere else) that didn't have the "Rolling Duty Day". I did that for a year and while some folks loved it, it was definitely not for me. Not saying one is better than an other, but everyone is different.
Agreed, the on call stuff would suck, were 12hrs on 12 off, but we stay at the base, like a fire house, got our own rooms, kitchen, BBQ, etc.

faculties11
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by faculties11 »

Any info lately on the medevac side at Perimeter? I fired off a cover letter and resume. Do they hire directly into the medevac side or do new hires need to do their time on sked flights? I like the 7 on 7 off.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

faculties11 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:33 pm Any info lately on the medevac side at Perimeter? I fired off a cover letter and resume. Do they hire directly into the medevac side or do new hires need to do their time on sked flights? I like the 7 on 7 off.
do you have the minimu hours for medevac? If so they are probably getting the red carpet ready for you.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

Well they posted direct entry F/O positions over a week ago for Dash/Metro and they sticky-ed the thread... curious to know if anyone has gotten a call. I haven't, yet...

P.S: I know this topic is regarding medevac, but one would think if they're looking for direct entry on Dash/Metro, they could easily be looking for medevac too

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

twa22 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:11 pm Well they posted direct entry F/O positions over a week ago for Dash/Metro and they sticky-ed the thread... curious to know if anyone has gotten a call. I haven't, yet...

P.S: I know this topic is regarding medevac, but one would think if they're looking for direct entry on Dash/Metro, they could easily be looking for medevac too
how many hours do you have?

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

digits_ wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:46 pm
twa22 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:11 pm Well they posted direct entry F/O positions over a week ago for Dash/Metro and they sticky-ed the thread... curious to know if anyone has gotten a call. I haven't, yet...

how many hours do you have?
Around 260... I'm not necessarily expecting any calls since I just meet all the minimum requirements, but curious to know if anyone else with around the same hours hears back

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

You need 500 hours for medevac so they won't call you for that.

Return to “Employment Forum”