PASCO 750hr TT Captain

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Axial Flow
Rank 7
Rank 7

PASCO 750hr TT Captain

Post by Axial Flow »

Just about fell off my chair when I read this job ad for PASCO Saab 340 Captain...but reading the intro paragraph it stated FO positions...750TT for FO out of YVR is pretty sweet. Oh how the times have changed.
pasco.JPG
pasco.JPG (132.75 KiB) Viewed 4524 times
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: PASCO 750hr TT Captain

Post by altiplano »

Indeed times have changed..

I remember trying to get a job at Pasco years ago... was hoping just to go somewhere with 705 ops...

~4000 hours, 3000 hours multi-turbine command and I couldn't get a call.

justwork
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by justwork »

Axial Flow wrote:Just about fell off my chair when I read this job ad for PASCO Saab 340 Captain...but reading the intro paragraph it stated FO positions...750TT for FO out of YVR is pretty sweet. Oh how the times have changed.pasco.JPG
I think I had under 1000TT when I was hired at Pasco. That was back in 2006ish... can't recall exactly, but around then. Who you know helps. I still look back at my Pasco years with very fond memories, in many ways it was the best gig I've had!

glidr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by glidr »

justwork wrote:
Axial Flow wrote:Just about fell off my chair when I read this job ad for PASCO Saab 340 Captain...but reading the intro paragraph it stated FO positions...750TT for FO out of YVR is pretty sweet. Oh how the times have changed.pasco.JPG
I think I had under 1000TT when I was hired at Pasco. That was back in 2006ish... can't recall exactly, but around then. Who you know helps. I still look back at my Pasco years with very fond memories, in many ways it was the best gig I've had!
I had a screening interview for this FO position. I came with:

1600 TT
ATPL (FAA)
50 MEL
Dual US/Canada citizen

I spoke with K, had a nice chat - mostly confirming what was already submitted. I asked about the training and flight schedule, and pay. I will pass along what I learned...

Training:
Ground 2.5 weeks
Sim 2 weeks, not in Canada
IOE 50 hours

Schedule:
15-18 days/month
3-4 day pairings
1-4 overnights per pairing (Victoria, Campbell River, Cranbrook)
3-6 overnights per month

Pay:
FO $36k CND per year

Hiring:
15 hires expected this round in 2017

I needed the ATPL conversion (FAA to TC) to be eligible, and PASCO is hot to hire, so I got an email a few days later from K.... TBNT.
No matter, I was picked up by a US regional at same pay, better benefits, flying E175.

Return to “Employment Forum”