Private owners and their hiring practices?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

marakii
Rank 4
Rank 4

Private owners and their hiring practices?

Post by marakii »

Curious to hear from private owners that operate twin cessna or pilatus pc12 or other light aircraft, do they hire pilots to fly in the right seat for extra measure.and safety.

Curious and thank you
---------- ADS -----------

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Private owners and their hiring practices?

Post by fish4life »

Only if they are under 50 :twisted:

marakii
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by marakii »

fish4life wrote:Only if they are under 50 :twisted:
Shit you're right I'm over 50 , I'm too old now thanks for reminding me man!

dogone
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dogone »

I know several owners who hire pilots. Sometimes because they don't fly themselves or not up to date. Usually PC-12 to king air range. In the states there are hundreds of pilots available and current on multiple planes. They charge about 1000.00$ a day plus expenses. Daily rate also applies to stand by while customer goes golfing or fishing or whatever.

marakii
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by marakii »

dogone wrote:I know several owners who hire pilots. Sometimes because they don't fly themselves or not up to date. Usually PC-12 to king air range. In the states there are hundreds of pilots available and current on multiple planes. They charge about 1000.00$ a day plus expenses. Daily rate also applies to stand by while customer goes golfing or fishing or whatever.
Thank you for the positive information much appreciated. Do they hire them as per need basis or do they stick with the same pilot on a agreement or contract basis?

It would be neat to hook up with a private owner and fly when they fly even if it's one day a week .

P180
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by P180 »

Well I fly for a private owner on a corporate jet. He has 2 pilots both captains both pilots are on board every flight when the boss is on board he does most of the flying until the weather is down then we do the flying. He does all his flying from the left seat and he is a very competent pilot . We also have a new airplane coming in a year and also both pilots are over 60 years old.

Return to “Employment Forum”