Northwestern Air Lease

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Northwestern Air Lease

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

if anyone could provide some infos on the operations, salary and conditions for f/o position at Northwestern Air lease on the jet-stream! That will be gladly appreciated!

Feel free to PM.

Cheers.
---------- ADS -----------

single_swine_herder
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Northwestern Air Lease

Post by single_swine_herder »

I was there doing some on-site work a few weeks ago and spoke to quite a few of the staff.

Summed up, ... "If a family member was a low-time pilot looking for a workplace that is a safe environment, has an overall system in place to take pilots from low time to a Captaincy on a turbine powered, pressurized, sked operation run on SOPs, I could recommend Northwest Air."

They are an "aviation family-owned operation" that has been in operating for a long time. The company does have a training bond, so that may be a personal consideration.

SSH

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Thanks for the heads up, SSH.

I also heard that the only way to get in the right seat of a Jet-stream is by working in the ramp. Can someone confirm and also how many months/year to be upgraded f/o lately.

Thank's

flyhigh008
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyhigh008 »

CanadianPilotQc wrote:Thanks for the heads up, SSH.

I also heard that the only way to get in the right seat of a Jet-stream is by working in the ramp. Can someone confirm and also how many months/year to be upgraded f/o lately.

Thank's

Last I was told was 8 months at least. Thats even for a guy with over 500 hours.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

CanadianPilotQc wrote:Thanks for the heads up, SSH.

Thank's
I met 2 people from there in June, and that’s exactly what they said. 2 Hiring streams; the ramp, and direct entry captain. Then they gave me a free hat. Seemed like nice people.

single_swine_herder
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by single_swine_herder »

They gave me a free pen. Therefore, they seem like nice people ..... you know how much pilots like free stuff.

Joking aside, I've seen infinitely far worse places for a new to the business person to start a career.

SSH

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

M.

FAD3C
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FAD3C »

I will PM you when I get a break. But this right here sums it up.
single_swine_herder wrote:I was there doing some on-site work a few weeks ago and spoke to quite a few of the staff.

Summed up, ... "If a family member was a low-time pilot looking for a workplace that is a safe environment, has an overall system in place to take pilots from low time to a Captaincy on a turbine powered, pressurized, sked operation run on SOPs, I could recommend Northwest Air."

They are an "aviation family-owned operation" that has been in operating for a long time. The company does have a training bond, so that may be a personal consideration.

SSH

Return to “Employment Forum”