Turtle Airways ad

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Lost Lake
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Turtle Airways ad

Post by Lost Lake »

Soooo. They seem to continuously look for float pilots. Kinda reminds me of air bravo. Can anyone fill me in on what's up. Great location. Good pay. I'm semi retired. Any info is appreciated. Pm or post replies.
---------- ADS -----------

What little I do know is either not important or I've forgotten it!
Transport Canada's mission statement: We're not happy until you're not happy
Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Turtle Airways ad

Post by Zaibatsu »

They are awesome if you hate money, airworthy aircraft, and self worth.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

They are awesome if you hate money, airworthy aircraft, and self worth.
Are you speaking from personal experience?

Tanker299
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tanker299 »

I had a job offer from them once upon a time. Seemed most of the flying was to one place only so being that I was young with not a pile of experience I thought that would be too mundane for being in the South Pacific. Fiji although it has some stable countries near by, it self is/was rather unstable. Have a way out and be ready to go to Australia if you need a Dr for serious medical stuff. Cars are very expensive for being in such a poor country and being a poor country they will try and take advantage of foreigners on most things (but that's a lot of places). I'm sure you can live cheaply. Places were 700-1500 FJD per month when I was looking and the FJD is 0.62 Canadian now.

I never went, I still needing to work could not make $35,000 (at the time). About $46 now. High turnover made me really think twice. Every job I have had that had that kind of turnover before I flew was a shite hole and most places like that after I started flying were as well. They did just have an accident but I have no info on that so I won't speculate.

Return to “Employment Forum”