Wasaya "Apprentice pilot" jobs

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

MarkyMark90
Rank 3
Rank 3

Wasaya "Apprentice pilot" jobs

Post by MarkyMark90 »

Hi,

Just curious to hear from some 200hrs graduates that went on the "apprentice pilot" road with Wasaya.

How long have you stayed on the ground before moving into a flying position and how fun was it up there in Red Lake and Pickle Lake?

P.S. I find it very funny that a ramp job is now called a "apprentice pilot" position...
---------- ADS -----------

My dream is to fly... Over the rainbow, so high!!
MarkyMark90
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Wasaya "Apprentice pilot" jobs

Post by MarkyMark90 »

Up

My dream is to fly... Over the rainbow, so high!!
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Wasaya "Apprentice pilot" jobs

Post by montado »

MarkyMark90 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:30 pm P.S. I find it very funny that a ramp job is now called a "apprentice pilot" position...
Does not look like you want the real answer and you are just trying to poke the bear.

The name of the position has been apprentice pilot for many years, this is nothing new. However most of these rookie pilots choose to use the term wannabe.

This job is probably one of the best ways to start your career. It will lead to 703, 704, 705 experience. ALPA. Bases are great options YXL, YQT, YRL, YPL. Great schedule once flying after the apprentice pilot position. Movement is quick so I would not expect to be apprentice for more than a year. I'm not sure how things are run today, but they have had 2 week on 2 week off schedule for flying as well as blocks. You can work freight side or schedule passenger side of the operation.

Specifically to the apprentice position you will be full time in YRL or YPL and will work ramp, crew on the freighters or and work dispatch. YPL will be what you make of it. Bring a fishing rod, great blueberry and mushroom picking. Can be a great time! When short staffed you can make some OT. They pay by the hour and it's not some salary gig that equates to less than minimum wage. To anyone looking for work with 200 hours this would probably be my top recommended job if you don't want to go the instruction route. Of course I have not seen everything else out there, but I heave heard lots about longer upgrades, worse schedules and of course for less pay. Wasaya should be on most pilots radar for a great first job.

Return to “Employment Forum”