ALPA blacklist?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: ALPA blacklist?

Post by dialdriver »

Rezy wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:49 pm
AvifiskAlly wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:08 pm
Rezy wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Except that the AC pilot union supports the blacklist!
And the odds are pretty good that one of the people reviewing your job application to AC is a union member or leader.
Even if the support is there for a blacklist at the troop level at AC they cant simply raise their hand and say don't hire Bob because our union supports a blacklist of our competitors nor would the HR dept who is head is past labour law at AC. The liability is simply too great and given AC has absolutely no dog in the fight there is not a chance in hell the blacklist will stop or even slow down even a single person going to AC. Anyone that says otherwise is fearmongering
The AC union put out a letter of support for the blacklist. That was done by the union leaders, not “troop” level. I think I’ve made my point over and over again. The person reviewing your application at AC is very likely to support the blacklist. Because managers don’t sit in interview rooms at airlines, you don’t sit across from the chief pilot, you sit across from HR and a pilot.
The pilot and HR person ask questions from a script and write out your answers. That information is then deidentified and sent to the board for a decision. The interviewers do not decide your fate.

That Air Canada offered an interview to a Swoop pilot ought to tell you they don't care.
---------- ADS -----------

AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AvifiskAlly »

Rezy wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:49 pm
AvifiskAlly wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:08 pm
Rezy wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Except that the AC pilot union supports the blacklist!
And the odds are pretty good that one of the people reviewing your job application to AC is a union member or leader.
Even if the support is there for a blacklist at the troop level at AC they cant simply raise their hand and say don't hire Bob because our union supports a blacklist of our competitors nor would the HR dept who is head is past labour law at AC. The liability is simply too great and given AC has absolutely no dog in the fight there is not a chance in hell the blacklist will stop or even slow down even a single person going to AC. Anyone that says otherwise is fearmongering
The AC union put out a letter of support for the blacklist. That was done by the union leaders, not “troop” level. I think I’ve made my point over and over again. The person reviewing your application at AC is very likely to support the blacklist. Because managers don’t sit in interview rooms at airlines, you don’t sit across from the chief pilot, you sit across from HR and a pilot.

My point is that the union at AC Put out a generic letter of support but its members including those that interview do not have a dog in the fight and are not in the least invested in the cause. As a company AC has less than zero concern or respect for the blacklist or its creators and no one involved in hiring will in any way shape or form will bat an eye at hiring a Swoop pilot. They wont think about a blacklist, acknowledge that one exists or care that it does. The line pilot at AC aka “troops” don’t give a rats ass about your blacklist. Bottom line is that the letter by ACPA was a customary show of solidarity never intended to be anything with any operational or functional meaning.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

This exactly!
And the guys going to Swoop (left seat anyway) likely have no desire to even go to AC and sit right seat to a 25yr old Captain while making a whopping $45k per year. Blacklist means nothing to them...even if it had teeth, which it doesn’t.

Return to “Employment Forum”