Jobs in the west

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Do you think there's more (and paid) jobs in the west than in the east of Canada?

Absolutely, there's more job!
25%
No.
21%
Better in Manitoba
4%
Better in Saskatchewan
4%
Better in Alberta
21%
Better in BC
4%
No idea...
21%

Total votes: 24

C-GJPD
Rank 1
Rank 1

Jobs in the west

Post by C-GJPD »

Hi,

I'm actually living at Montreal and I plan to do a road trip in the west to find my first job as a commercial pilot. I would like to get some info about the main companies in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Colombia.

Thanks! :D

C-GJPD
---------- ADS -----------

civic nation
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by civic nation »

might have to go a little further north than that if you are starting out w/o an instructor rating anyways

Out of Control
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Out of Control »

Go North young man go North

Say again, your coming in stupid
cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

If you're in Quebec you have a niche the Westerners don't have, French..

Maybe you should look harder. I've seen several job postings for Quebec pilots with TT starting at 250hrs.

As for the West Coast East Coast, you're best off starting in the eastern provinces, since they're closer, but yes, the vacancies there are limited. Probably a few Acadien piloting outfits too..

Use your French to get you a job not your license.

groundtoflightdeck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by groundtoflightdeck »

I know that the economy in Saskatchewan sucks and the PST just went up, but everyone in my grad class in BC in 2001 who came to SK right away are all doing very well. Not to say that people who went elsewhere didn't but SK seemed to give some good oppertunities to quite a few guys. I even like it in Saskatoon- not sure about the rest of the province though. PM me if you would like more info.

Good Luck- GTF

C-GJPD
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by C-GJPD »

Thanks all for your replies. I know there's some starting job possibilities in Quebec, but my trip in the west is not only a trip to find a job, but also a personnal trip for fun and to improve my english. I actually have 200hTT, so I do not expect too much... but I'll try.

If anybody have any concrete company names who are hiring starting pilots, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

C-GJPD

Return to “Employment Forum”