Overseas work for AME's

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

AJC_ame
Rank 0
Rank 0

Overseas work for AME's

Post by AJC_ame »

Looking for some insight into overseas work as an AME. I know there's PAL, Voyageur, and TCA but having a harder time finding anything else (most work is for A&P's and EASA engineers). I would prefer longer contracts (1 yr) but would be ok with rotations. If anyone has any experience or knowledge on options I'd love to hear about it. Also, what's the work like at the Canadian companies for overseas rotations? How's the pay? I have small turbo (KA's/1900's) and jet experience w/ endorsements, unfortunately no Dash-8, which I know is huge in this space.
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Overseas work for AME's

Post by Pacqing »

Did you see the add for 1900 guys for Mauritania ,its for the Canadian company advertising here on AVCanada, Try Zimex but a EASA lic is helpful but it depends on their needs.

Wonderdog
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Overseas work for AME's

Post by Wonderdog »

An old trick I used was, decide what A/C you like and are good at maintaining, then web search air operators of that type, worldwide. Use
different search engines, pick up the phone, and be ready to dump your shit and go. Keep an eye on Transport Canada's web site for A/C type
registration locations/ ferry permits.

Wages should be around $3500 - $5000 base pay and 2 - 3 times base wage, while on duty, with taxes paid by employer. There is a short
term probation, for the benefit both parties. Remember, Canadian AME's have a skill set, that is called a "free thinking mind" I am told. Don't
sell yourself short.

Rotations for AME's vary, but long term contacts should be 5 weeks on 5 weeks off. You need the quality time at home, as well as work. If you follow the seasons,
3 months on and 1 month off are the norm, world wide.

Get a hard copy from Transport Canada, of your exact qualifications, Type capabilities, and endorsements, on TC letterhead. You would need that for any IATA country, and just write
their Air Regs., plus it shows you are serious.

Good hunting,
SMcL.

Return to “Employment Forum”