Transat or Sunwing ?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Transat or Sunwing ?

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

What is the first year salary at both? What about the salary after the upgrade?
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

duro195
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by duro195 »

Since it's public information, I'd suggest any interested party to do a quick search on Negotech where you can find the whole WAWCON of both companies. It's much easier to compare two official agreements with cold hard facts and number when it comes to making such a decision for one's career!

Or click here: http://negotech.labour.gc.ca/cgi-bin/re ... ture=en-CA

FighterPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FighterPilot »

Learn something new every day, I didn't know companies CBAs were public info. This site is kinda cool, been browsing companies actual pay rates for hours now.

Bae146
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bae146 »

My experience during the hiring process at Transat has been excellent. When I went thru the hiring process I was still a Permanent Resident in the process of getting my citizenship. I felt the interview happened in a friendly, relax but professional atmosphere. I have a hard time believing what has been written above about not having behavior type questions.
One thing that I notice with Transat, your attitude is everything. Your logbook, as impressive as you think it is, will just get you thru the door in order to get the interview. Then it is your attitude that count. I know people that did not get hire, and blaming some racist issues. They walked in with a cocky attitude, having a couple thousand hours flying a dash-8 on the left seat, having failed a couple ppc and having an infraction from TC. But of course the reason they did not get hired was because of their nationality.
On my initial GS, one of the anglophone candidat had a very bad attitude, criticizing and bitching about the training. He failed his ride and kept arguing the compagnie tried to trick him because he was so good it could not have failed. He was paired with an another anglophone that passed and is happy flying with us since then.
Just for the past year I have been flying with a vaste majority of Anglophones and I can't recall any of them complaining about any bad treatment due to language issue.

Spitfire0511
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Spitfire0511 »

Bae146 wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:20 am My experience during the hiring process at Transat has been excellent. When I went thru the hiring process I was still a Permanent Resident in the process of getting my citizenship. I felt the interview happened in a friendly, relax but professional atmosphere. I have a hard time believing what has been written above about not having behavior type questions.
One thing that I notice with Transat, your attitude is everything. Your logbook, as impressive as you think it is, will just get you thru the door in order to get the interview. Then it is your attitude that count. I know people that did not get hire, and blaming some racist issues. They walked in with a cocky attitude, having a couple thousand hours flying a dash-8 on the left seat, having failed a couple ppc and having an infraction from TC. But of course the reason they did not get hired was because of their nationality.
On my initial GS, one of the anglophone candidat had a very bad attitude, criticizing and bitching about the training. He failed his ride and kept arguing the compagnie tried to trick him because he was so good it could not have failed. He was paired with an another anglophone that passed and is happy flying with us since then.
Just for the past year I have been flying with a vaste majority of Anglophones and I can't recall any of them complaining about any bad treatment due to language issue.
Hi Bae

Are you from France?, I know there are several pilots from that country at AT. I don't believe that being an anglophone is an issue at Transat since I know several who went there and seems to be happy with their choice.
Regarding what I said above, I stand for my word but I won't spend much time trying to convince you I am telling the truth.
Btw I never had an infraction or failed a PPC in my life, in my work as in life I keep my head down, do my job, I treat everyone with respect and courtesy and go home with my family.
That's all I have to say, good luck!

Spitfire

bythenumbers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bythenumbers »

With the ac/transat merger happening how does that change the Sunwing vs Transat scenario? Is Transat even hiring anymore...

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by indieadventurer »

All my own opinion here, but yes it would obviously change the scenario between SWG and TSC.

Transat still needs to staff their operation until both operations are merged and that could still be some time from now. I suspect hiring will continue in the short term there. But talk to any AC pilot and they will tell you that with their scope, they own that flying now and rightly so.

I think integration of the lists by some means, yet to be determined, will see Transat pilots eventually becoming AC pilots with "Air Transat" living on as a brand only. Maybe bye-bye to the Rouge brand at the same time? Regardless, I suspect that a job at TSC will mean a job at AC once the dust settles, conditions tbd though.

Sunwing still has plenty of pros though I think. North/South route structure - less fatiguing flying, opportunities for deployment to Europe, quicker upgrades and it seems, like Transat and Air Canada, a good place to work and friends there really enjoy it.

Return to “Employment Forum”