Transat or Sunwing ?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

bythenumbers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Transat or Sunwing ?

Post by bythenumbers »

With the ac/transat merger happening how does that change the Sunwing vs Transat scenario? Is Transat even hiring anymore...
---------- ADS -----------

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Transat or Sunwing ?

Post by indieadventurer »

All my own opinion here, but yes it would obviously change the scenario between SWG and TSC.

Transat still needs to staff their operation until both operations are merged and that could still be some time from now. I suspect hiring will continue in the short term there. But talk to any AC pilot and they will tell you that with their scope, they own that flying now and rightly so.

I think integration of the lists by some means, yet to be determined, will see Transat pilots eventually becoming AC pilots with "Air Transat" living on as a brand only. Maybe bye-bye to the Rouge brand at the same time? Regardless, I suspect that a job at TSC will mean a job at AC once the dust settles, conditions tbd though.

Sunwing still has plenty of pros though I think. North/South route structure - less fatiguing flying, opportunities for deployment to Europe, quicker upgrades and it seems, like Transat and Air Canada, a good place to work and friends there really enjoy it.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Employment Forum”