EVAS

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

EVAS

Post by leftoftrack »

funny hr name, I know a few that came out of there 5-10 years ago. they paid garbage and worked their employees like dogs. now their HR name is pragmatic. If there is 1 airline that starts to park airplanes because of a lack of pilots, I hope its them.
---------- ADS -----------

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: EVAS

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

EVAS is not lacking crews. I didn't get offered a position.

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:13 am EVAS is not lacking crews. I didn't get offered a position.
Is that because, like Georgian, you have too much experience?

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Diadem wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:58 am
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:13 am EVAS is not lacking crews. I didn't get offered a position.
Is that because, like Georgian, you have too much experience?
I wasn't informed which qualifications I didn't meet.

TheRealMcCoy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TheRealMcCoy »

Ya. I have a DHC6 check out, few hundo on type and they didn't pursue me more than one email's worth... haha.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

leftoftrack wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:02 am funny hr name, I know a few that came out of there 5-10 years ago. they paid garbage and worked their employees like dogs. now their HR name is pragmatic. If there is 1 airline that starts to park airplanes because of a lack of pilots, I hope its them.
WOW, based on everyone I have flown with from EVAS, the are the least pragmatic. They do nothing sensible or realistic.

tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tps8903 »

They are lacking crews. Heard today they have declared a staffing emergency. It's in their CBA so they can force certain groups of people to work outside of their schedule. They also cancel a whole bunch of flight every month at the Halifax base due to staffing shortages.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

tps8903 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:06 pm
They are lacking crews. Heard today they have declared a staffing emergency. It's in their CBA so they can force certain groups of people to work outside of their schedule. They also cancel a whole bunch of flight every month at the Halifax base due to staffing shortages.
So why aren't they hiring? Tom Uddenberg didn't offer me position recently. Likely trying to get job done as cheap as possible. Overtime is cheaper than a full time employee.

tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tps8903 »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:21 pm
So why aren't they hiring? Tom Uddenberg didn't offer me position recently. Likely trying to get job done as cheap as possible. Overtime is cheaper than a full time employee.
Seeing as EVAS doesn't pay OT......yeah, I'd say it's cheaper.

tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tps8903 »

Well, they just posted a new MEDEVAC Capt position. If at first you don't succeed.......

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

tps8903 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:31 pm

Well, they just posted a new MEDEVAC Capt position. If at first you don't succeed.......
Try again when I reach 6000 hrs if nothing else is offered to me.
Awful high times required, rest of provinces are no where near that high.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Anyone get offer in last 2 months?

Return to “Employment Forum”