EVAS Air Topic Crushed

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

EVAS Air Topic Crushed

Post by BE02 Driver »

There goes another thread by big brother. Nothing like censorship in a free country........

EVAS Air doesn't like the bad publicity so they have the thread deleted.

Thread started by management to build interest by young pilots, taken of the rails by people who have actually worked there.

Have fun going out of buisness EVAS.

Desperation is a stinky cologne.
---------- ADS -----------

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: EVAS Air Topic Crushed

Post by ant_321 »

BE02 Driver wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:29 am There goes another thread by big brother. Nothing like censorship in a free country........

EVAS Air doesn't like the bad publicity so they have the thread deleted.

Thread started by management to build interest by young pilots, taken of the rails by people who have actually worked there.

Have fun going out of buisness EVAS.

Desperation is a stinky cologne.
I find it quite annoying that the mods give in to the companies complaints so easily. I'm not sure why but I also don't know the implications of not doing so.

I know that one of the former I.T. guys responsibilities was to look at avcanada every morning and make any of the bad publicity (in EVAS's case that means every thread) go away. I'm not sure who takes care of it now.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

The best way to improve the reputation of your company is to have threads removed that discuss your company, thus fuel the suspicion that people already have. :roll:

My suggestion is to actually improve the WAWCON so people want to work for you. Great schedule, good pay, friendly work environment, good relationship with employees, mutual and professional trust.

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

ant_321 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:35 am
BE02 Driver wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:29 am There goes another thread by big brother. Nothing like censorship in a free country........
I find it quite annoying that the mods give in to the companies complaints so easily. I'm not sure why but I also don't know the implications of not doing so.
AvCanada is a great resource that is run as a business. While I don't think it makes tons of money, legally it is classified as a business and not some sort of public square. It can face some pretty hefty legal consequences if something is deemed libel (a defamatory statement made in writing). In fact a number of years ago there was a legal industry message board that was sued for defamation based on posts made by some of the members. Even if you win a lawsuit, it's a pretty expensive endeavour (and not to mention a pain in the ass) so it's really not worth it to try and fight if they receive any requests, to simply remove a post.

So really, AvCanada removing a thread and then having people complain about is probably the best option. The other would be you and BE02 Driver can open your own message board and be prepared to fight libel/defamation lawsuits or every one on AvCanada uses their own names when posting, so the individuals get threatened with legal action and not AvCanada (though even then, AvCanada would probably initially get named in a lawsuit).

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

JBI wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:27 am
ant_321 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:35 am
AvCanada is a great resource that is run as a business. While I don't think it makes tons of money, legally it is classified as a business and not some sort of public square. It can face some pretty hefty legal consequences if something is deemed libel (a defamatory statement made in writing). In fact a number of years ago there was a legal industry message board that was sued for defamation based on posts made by some of the members. Even if you win a lawsuit, it's a pretty expensive endeavour (and not to mention a pain in the ass) so it's really not worth it to try and fight if they receive any requests, to simply remove a post.

So really, AvCanada removing a thread and then having people complain about is probably the best option. The other would be you and BE02 Driver can open your own message board and be prepared to fight libel/defamation lawsuits or every one on AvCanada uses their own names when posting, so the individuals get threatened with legal action and not AvCanada (though even then, AvCanada would probably initially get named in a lawsuit).
For it to be libel it has to be false. I stand by everything I've said as fact.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

I stand by my posting, Tom asked me for a copy of work permit or visa which born Canadians do not have nor need.

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:09 pm I stand by my posting, Tom asked me for a copy of work permit or visa which born Canadians do not have nor need.
I never got to see the answer in the other thread before it was deleted: why didn't you show him your birth certificate or citizenship papers? There's a lot more to your claims about failing to find employment than you've been letting on.

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

BE02 Driver wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:29 am
For it to be libel it has to be false. I stand by everything I've said as fact.
Are you willing to pay AvCanada's legal fees to defend any lawsuit and prove that what you said was true?

I don't disagree that in the current situation a message board like AvCanada will err on the side of caution and remove items that perhaps would not actually result in damages and/or a lawsuit. Unfortunately, this does result in less information being shared. But why would AvCanada want to test that?

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

Wow I can't believe my thread was deleted! If you guys actually listened to what I was trying to do maybe that wouldn't have happened. I'm a 27 year old Captain Based in Halifax NS, Halifax is a beautiful city and Evas is one of very few who fly out of Halifax. I am also a member of our Union to try and promote change I came on here to give you guys the heads up of changes that were in place to give you guys the jump! I'm not management but anyways you guys will miss out.... People stuck in there old ways very sad.... This wasnt meant to be a pity party it was legitimately a captain ( an actual staff member who's been with the company for over 2 years ) trying to promote change and update old threads but anyways believe what you guys want after all your the experts right? The people who know what's going on at Evas on a daily basis?

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:54 pm .... but anyways you guys will miss out....
Yes... all of Canadian aviation is missing out on a chance to fly for the pearl of aviation, EVAS. I'm shocked they have a weekly job ad when I'm sure there's tonnes of applicants from AC and WS.... and that roadrunner guy.

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:54 pm Wow I can't believe my thread was deleted! If you guys actually listened to what I was trying to do maybe that wouldn't have happened. I'm a 27 year old Captain Based in Halifax NS, Halifax is a beautiful city and Evas is one of very few who fly out of Halifax. I am also a member of our Union to try and promote change I came on here to give you guys the heads up of changes that were in place to give you guys the jump! I'm not management but anyways you guys will miss out.... People stuck in there old ways very sad.... This wasnt meant to be a pity party it was legitimately a captain ( an actual staff member who's been with the company for over 2 years ) trying to promote change and update old threads but anyways believe what you guys want after all your the experts right? The people who know what's going on at Evas on a daily basis?
If you say so. How does Ashley feel about your beginning prospects in February? I highly doubt he is as optimistic as you!

If Halifax is so great why not work for Porter?

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

Porter-yhz is a bery senior base not easy to get into Why not try and improve current job keep senority, keep position , keep current perks believe it or not there are some. I enjoy hand flying and that's something that is very rare now a days!

FL007
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL007 »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:48 pm Porter-yhz is a bery senior base not easy to get into Why not try and improve current job keep senority, keep position , keep current perks believe it or not there are some. I enjoy hand flying and that's something that is very rare now a days!
You know they were hiring yhz based fos? You could commute to yhz easy if you went captain too, something you were trying to get people from the GTA to do with evas on 10gdos (if you even get that)

Guys he's giving us insider knowledge of how good wawcon is going to be, they will be giving you 11.8hr days with 5 min turns instead of working 3, 12hr days now! 10 days off is promised too!

Don't tell him that most of us work 15 days a month if that and don't have to hand fly 12hr days ifr anymore.

So from my other post saying you don't have gps in some of your planes, you don't have autopilot either? The job is sounding even better.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:54 pm Wow I can't believe my thread was deleted! If you guys actually listened to what I was trying to do maybe that wouldn't have happened. I'm a 27 year old Captain Based in Halifax NS, Halifax is a beautiful city and Evas is one of very few who fly out of Halifax. I am also a member of our Union to try and promote change I came on here to give you guys the heads up of changes that were in place to give you guys the jump! I'm not management but anyways you guys will miss out.... People stuck in there old ways very sad.... This wasnt meant to be a pity party it was legitimately a captain ( an actual staff member who's been with the company for over 2 years ) trying to promote change and update old threads but anyways believe what you guys want after all your the experts right? The people who know what's going on at Evas on a daily basis?
So how am I, a born Canadian suppose to get hired when I don't have or need a work permit or visa which Tom Uddenberg requested? My application was stopped as I'm unable to provide one.

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

FL007 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:53 pm
Evascaptainyhz wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:48 pm Porter-yhz is a bery senior base not easy to get into Why not try and improve current job keep senority, keep position , keep current perks believe it or not there are some. I enjoy hand flying and that's something that is very rare now a days!
You know they were hiring yhz based fos? You could commute to yhz easy if you went captain too, something you were trying to get people from the GTA to do with evas on 10gdos (if you even get that)

Guys he's giving us insider knowledge of how good wawcon is going to be, they will be giving you 11.8hr days with 5 min turns instead of working 3, 12hr days now! 10 days off is promised too!

Don't tell him that most of us work 15 days a month if that and don't have to hand fly 12hr days ifr anymore.

So from my other post saying you don't have gps in some of your planes, you don't have autopilot either? The job is sounding even better.
Again more false information... Listen we have GPS! We don't fly with autopilot which is one of the things I love about the job! The max length of a leg is 45 minutes sometimes an hour. We get breaks! It's impossible to have a 5 minute turn. This job gives pilots something others don't and that is hands and feet skills. I was in a job with autopilot and I didnt like the automation some companies out can hand fly if you want below certain altitudes some you cant. Anyway I came on to dispell rumours obviously people are mindset that they are right and they know everything that's going on... I never said evas is the Pearl of aviation I simply said that if you are looking for a job in aviation that's based In the Maritimes things are changing that's all I wanted to get out there!

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

BE02 Driver wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:51 pm
If you say so. How does Ashley feel about your beginning prospects in February? I highly doubt he is as optimistic as you!

If Halifax is so great why not work for Porter?
Ashley is very optimistic! I talk to him on a regular basis we are very excited about this process!

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:40 pm
So how am I, a born Canadian suppose to get hired when I don't have or need a work permit or visa which Tom Uddenberg requested? My application was stopped as I'm unable to provide one.
This doesn't make sense to me.... Are you sure that's the reason. Pm me your personal details and I can try and get to the bottom of this for you..

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

I was hoping you'd give an honest full disclosure. You tried to leave for Porter and got PFO'd. Yes, even you tried to leave...

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

BE02 Driver wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:26 am
I was hoping you'd give an honest full disclosure. You tried to leave for Porter and got PFO'd. Yes, even you tried to leave...
The plot thickens.... :shock:

TheRealMcCoy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TheRealMcCoy »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:40 pmSo how am I, a born Canadian suppose to get hired when I don't have or need a work permit or visa which Tom Uddenberg requested? My application was stopped as I'm unable to provide one.
It's ok. They didn't want a type rated DHC6 F/O either.
Evascaptainyhz wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:55 am It's impossible to have a 5 minute turn.
Done <1 min turns in one of the types EVAS has.

Return to “Employment Forum”