EVAS Air Topic Crushed

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: EVAS Air Topic Crushed

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

digits_ wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:27 pm
BE02 Driver wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:58 pm
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:53 pm

LOL.
Anyone else finding this roadrunner guy annoying? It was mildly amusing at first, but clearly he has no interest of actually obtaining a job. He is almost certainly a troll, because if he isn't, then he is the only person wondering why he can't get a job.
Yeah, it is quite disrespectful towards other people who are offering help. Agree with Evascaptainyhz or not, he is at least offering/trying to help out other people in his free time. It's a shame when offers like that get ignored. Not everyone is aware of Roadrunnersmother's "interesting" post history.
Thanks I appreciate the one positive comment! It's all I am trying to do is help fellow pilots even though this history makes me seem like I'm the devil somehow lol
---------- ADS -----------

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:50 pm
BE02 Driver wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:58 pm

Anyone else finding this roadrunner guy annoying? It was mildly amusing at first, but clearly he has no interest of actually obtaining a job. He is almost certainly a troll, because if he isn't, then he is the only person wondering why he can't get a job.
Yeah, it is quite disrespectful towards other people who are offering help. Agree with Evascaptainyhz or not, he is at least offering/trying to help out other people in his free time. It's a shame when offers like that get ignored. Not everyone is aware of Roadrunnersmother's "interesting" post history.
Thanks I appreciate the one positive comment! It's all I am trying to do is help fellow pilots even though this history makes me seem like I'm the devil somehow lol
You can't tell Tom to hire me. I'm telling you where my application stopped at. Doesn't make sense to you or me. Evas is not currently interested in hiring Canadians.

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

BE02 Driver wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:26 am
Evascaptainyhz wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:48 pm Porter-yhz is a bery senior base not easy to get into Why not try and improve current job keep senority, keep position , keep current perks believe it or not there are some. I enjoy hand flying and that's something that is very rare now a days!
I was hoping you'd give an honest full disclosure. You tried to leave for Porter and got PFO'd. Yes, even you tried to leave...
Here's my full disclosure I was looking at options when the market is this strong why not look? I was asked into the Union before I was looking around I was always looking at trying my hardest to try and improve the working conditions here. I continue to try and help by having myself on the OHS department and being very active. I thought to myself why try and change when I can go into a company who already has those changes implemented why should I have to be the one to have to do this? The universe told me that I had unfinished business here at Evas so that's what I am trying to do and I figured I should first try and help by telling others about the changes that have come and are coming in! Letting people know that all the old reputation is being left in the past. Some people may or may not like Tom but he has never personally given me a reason to dislike him everything he's been saying is coming true and he's a lot better then the old staff. You have to give new people the benefit of the doubt and allow them to prove themselves he's made great contributions so far and is continuing to do so! Much more so then the people before him.

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:54 pm

You can't tell Tom to hire me. I'm telling you where my application stopped at. Doesn't make sense to you or me. Evas is not currently interested in hiring Canadians.
Roadrunner, if you actually want to get hired by EVAS (I can't imagine why you would, but you continue to profess that EVAS is where you want to work) I know for a fact the EVAS YHZ Captain in this post:

1. Is a Captain for EVAS
2. Is a member of the UNIFOR bargaining committee
3. Has a direct line to Tom.
4. Can get you hired with a recommendation (If he chooses).

Those are facts. Take it or leave it. But because you are a troll you will likely leave it.

Hell, I could get you a job at EVAS with a phone call, but I don't like your attitude.

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

BE02 Driver wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Roadrunner, if you actually want to get hired by EVAS (I can't imagine why you would, but you continue to profess that EVAS is where you want to work) I know for a fact the EVAS YHZ Captain in this post:

1. Is a Captain for EVAS

Those are facts. Take it or leave it. But because you are a troll you will likely leave it.

Hell, I could get you a job at EVAS with a phone call, but I don't like your attitude.
I also don't like his attitude. I was a resource and now im not, I told him to delete his posts bad mouthing and he didn't therefore I don't want to help him out.

TheRealMcCoy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TheRealMcCoy »

BE02 Driver wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:37 pmRoadrunner, if you actually want to get hired by EVAS (I can't imagine why you would, but you continue to profess that EVAS is where you want to work) I know for a fact the EVAS YHZ Captain in this post:

1. Is a Captain for EVAS

You go away with your facts and fake news!

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

1. Is a Captain for EVAS

The fact is Tom Uddenberg asked me to provide a copy of work permit or visa. As a born Canadian I do not have or need either of them to gain employment.
Please tell me how you or others would get me hired if I don't have those? Only foreigners would have those documents.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Did you explain that you were Canadian... He obviously had reason to expect you had a work permit. That or he just wanted you gone and this was the quickest way.

V3-HGX
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by V3-HGX »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:53 pm

The fact is Tom Uddenberg asked me to provide a copy of work permit or visa. As a born Canadian I do not have or need either of them to gain employment.
Please tell me how you or others would get me hired if I don't have those? Only foreigners would have those documents.
So why not provide him a copy of your passport? Pretty easy solution to a minor problem. If you can't figure that one out, then you don't have what it takes to be a Captain.

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

V3-HGX wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:05 pm
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:53 pm

So why not provide him a copy of your passport? Pretty easy solution to a minor problem. If you can't figure that one out, then you don't have what it takes to be a Captain.
Refugee, maybe? Troll, for sure.

thepriceisright
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by thepriceisright »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:55 am
FL007 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:53 pm
Evascaptainyhz wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:48 pm Porter-yhz is a bery senior base not easy to get into Why not try and improve current job keep senority, keep position , keep current perks believe it or not there are some. I enjoy hand flying and that's something that is very rare now a days!
You know they were hiring yhz based fos? You could commute to yhz easy if you went captain too, something you were trying to get people from the GTA to do with evas on 10gdos (if you even get that)

Guys he's giving us insider knowledge of how good wawcon is going to be, they will be giving you 11.8hr days with 5 min turns instead of working 3, 12hr days now! 10 days off is promised too!

Don't tell him that most of us work 15 days a month if that and don't have to hand fly 12hr days ifr anymore.

So from my other post saying you don't have gps in some of your planes, you don't have autopilot either? The job is sounding even better.
Again more false information... Listen we have GPS! We don't fly with autopilot which is one of the things I love about the job! The max length of a leg is 45 minutes sometimes an hour. We get breaks! It's impossible to have a 5 minute turn. This job gives pilots something others don't and that is hands and feet skills. I was in a job with autopilot and I didnt like the automation some companies out can hand fly if you want below certain altitudes some you cant. Anyway I came on to dispell rumours obviously people are mindset that they are right and they know everything that's going on... I never said evas is the Pearl of aviation I simply said that if you are looking for a job in aviation that's based In the Maritimes things are changing that's all I wanted to get out there!
All the planes have GPS now because the only one that didn't was crash landed sideways in a snowstorm in YQX. "Accident"

ehv8oar
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ehv8oar »

Got to say well done for coming on here and putting yourself out there to try to tell people about the company.

Question though: Now Octobers coming up, did you get the 6 on 5 off roster?

Return to “Employment Forum”