Evas

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Evas

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

As stated earlier, there has been nothing actually told yet so we will have to see. It very well could be 6/5 regardless 6 and 4 is still a good schedule that's what it was when I was a FO and I had no issues with it at all.
---------- ADS -----------

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

That topic has been brought up and responded to. I've never once ever heard of AAV so I'm not sure what your talking about... Anyways. This is not the thread for this kind of talk use Evas topic crushed. This for the last time is a thread for people who arnt current/former employees it's for new guys who want straight answers. It's not to bash Evas in the prensent or the past, it's for people who can look at where Evas is going, not where it's been. Every single aviation company has done stuff employees don't like just look where aviation has turned! Unions galore now because the companies have been taking to much advantage of their pilots.
Changes don't happen overnight just like our CBA probably won't be the best it can be on our 2nd negotions it will take more time and more refinement Rome wasn't built in a day. It's easy to be on the sidelines voicing your opinion, but to those former employees yes some were treated like crap, you didn't have a union at the time... Is that an excuse no but it would have helped you tremendously to have a team of people behind you to represent you. There are very few employees who are still there from when I was hired or before my time most current employees don't know what it was like a few years ago things have been slowly changing for the better. your not there anymore/ you didn't know how things were back then It's been slow moving don't get me wrong but things are coming together.

LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LegoMan »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:42 am That topic has been brought up and responded to. I've never once ever heard of AAV so I'm not sure what your talking about... Anyways. This is not the thread for this kind of talk use Evas topic crushed. This for the last time is a thread for people who arnt current/former employees it's for new guys who want straight answers. It's not to bash Evas in the prensent or the past, it's for people who can look at where Evas is going, not where it's been. Every single aviation company has done stuff employees don't like just look where aviation has turned! Unions galore now because the companies have been taking to much advantage of their pilots.
Changes don't happen overnight just like our CBA probably won't be the best it can be on our 2nd negotions it will take more time and more refinement Rome wasn't built in a day. It's easy to be on the sidelines voicing your opinion, but to those former employees yes some were treated like crap, you didn't have a union at the time... Is that an excuse no but it would have helped you tremendously to have a team of people behind you to represent you. There are very few employees who are still there from when I was hired or before my time most current employees don't know what it was like a few years ago things have been slowly changing for the better. your not there anymore/ you didn't know how things were back then It's been slow moving don't get me wrong but things are coming together.
With all due respect, I work in an operations management role in a large $300MM company that employs well over 5,000 people. Change happens as fast as a company needs it to. We have made huge changes to our T&Cs because we were bleeding employees and it was impossible to meet our clients demands when we were constantly recruiting and training people. The company realized the way they had operated the previous 30 years was no longer going to work with the next generation of workers. Within 2-3 months we had restructured our pay, benefits and offered training and telecommuting options for workers that wanted it and focused on employee engagement.

When I hear a small company say changes dont change overnight, I call BS. It doesn't change because they dont want it to change. You are still getting applications but when that pile thins out you will change over night, trust me.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

what he's saying, is employees should expect to eat the same shit sandwich though the next contract, but they are hoping to add dijon mustard rather than frenches yellow. The way the industry is, I hope all prospective employees read this and know they can do better. the realist in me knows that isnt going to happen.

snoopythecaptain
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by snoopythecaptain »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:58 am as of right now
1. Promissary note is $20,000 again if you stay your contracted agreement (2 years)that doesnt matter. $0 upfront! the uniform is deducted off per pay cheque.(looking into this)
2. Depends on staff but yes usually around 90ish sometimes more sometimes less. (latley usually abit more then 90)
3. this is correct (again one of the major things we are looking at for CBA)
4. This depends on staff as a new hire technically you only get 10 GDOS after 2 years 11 after 5 13 This being said its fairly rare to actually work Minimum GDO's usually you will get 1 above min and a few reserves.
5. Schedule does change alot it has been for a long time (Most important thing we are looking at for new CBA)
6. $25 per day if over 5 hours. $43 if working at other base
7. $33,480 FO plus roughly 6.5K a year for per diems not including OT 61,389 with the 6.5K in perdiems again not including OT.
8. YQX is fairly decent but youd have to do your research, YHZ is almost impossible to answer depends on what you want. what area you want if you are by yourself etc...
9 .Correct
10. medical and dental again depends on what plan you use....etc anywhere from 40-80 per pay. you dont have a payback for the bond. there is no bond its a promissary Note.
$20,000 for 2 years for B1900 is way too MUCH way too LONG for today's aviation movement in Canada while other B1900 operator in Ontario is about $15000 or a 1 year to year and half. And you have to pay for your uniform?? really?? To be honest, this is not a bad job for low time pilot to earn experience but locking people for $20,000 and 2 years is too long and too much. Who wants to stay Gander or Halifax for 2 years earning $33000 when you have a offer from Porter, Jazz or Encore with better pay and no bond?

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

snoopythecaptain wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:14 am
Evascaptainyhz wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:58 am as of right now
1. Promissary note is $20,000 again if you stay your contracted agreement (2 years)that doesnt matter. $0 upfront! the uniform is deducted off per pay cheque.(looking into this)
2. Depends on staff but yes usually around 90ish sometimes more sometimes less. (latley usually abit more then 90)
3. this is correct (again one of the major things we are looking at for CBA)
4. This depends on staff as a new hire technically you only get 10 GDOS after 2 years 11 after 5 13 This being said its fairly rare to actually work Minimum GDO's usually you will get 1 above min and a few reserves.
5. Schedule does change alot it has been for a long time (Most important thing we are looking at for new CBA)
6. $25 per day if over 5 hours. $43 if working at other base
7. $33,480 FO plus roughly 6.5K a year for per diems not including OT 61,389 with the 6.5K in perdiems again not including OT.
8. YQX is fairly decent but youd have to do your research, YHZ is almost impossible to answer depends on what you want. what area you want if you are by yourself etc...
9 .Correct
10. medical and dental again depends on what plan you use....etc anywhere from 40-80 per pay. you dont have a payback for the bond. there is no bond its a promissary Note.
$20,000 for 2 years for B1900 is way too MUCH way too LONG for today's aviation movement in Canada while other B1900 operator in Ontario is about $15000 or a 1 year to year and half. And you have to pay for your uniform?? really?? To be honest, this is not a bad job for low time pilot to earn experience but locking people for $20,000 and 2 years is too long and too much. Who wants to stay Gander or Halifax for 2 years earning $33000 when you have a offer from Porter, Jazz or Encore with better pay and no bond?
If you are leaving EVAS for Porter, Jazz or encore it certainly isn’t for the immediate pay raise. $33,000 goes WAY further in Halifax or Gander than $38,000 goes in yyz. Also, what’s wrong with living in YHZ or YQX? I live in YYZ and would move our to the east coast in a heartbeat if it wasn’t for the stunted career opportunities.

snoopythecaptain
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by snoopythecaptain »

$38,000 for Porter and Encore?? :shock: what year are you living in? Both Porter and Encore are paying around $45,000 for their nice Q400 with glasscockpit that has autopilot. And just so you know, the average Ontario Janitor makes $31,000 just $2000 less than your “pilot”

This is really bad....

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

snoopythecaptain wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:01 pm $38,000 for Porter and Encore?? :shock: what year are you living in? Both Porter and Encore are paying around $45,000 for their nice Q400 with glasscockpit that has autopilot. And just so you know, the average Ontario Janitor makes $31,000 just $2000 less than your “pilot”

This is really bad....
Ok fair enough. Jazz is still in the high 30’s. I still stand by my point. Your comment was basically assuming nobody wants to work on the east coast. The world doesn’t revolve around YYZ or YUL for a lot of people.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Porter has a base in yhz too. One of the main reasons they are on my list. So their 45 goes way further in Halifax than your 33.

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

C-GGGQ wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:39 pm Porter has a base in yhz too. One of the main reasons they are on my list. So their 45 goes way further in Halifax than your 33.
And I get that. I responded to the poster because his commment made the assumption that people don’t want to live in YHZ or YQX. I would love to live in the east coast but the money and career opportunities left on the table by doing so aren’t worth it to me. And as for commuting, I wouldn’t dream of that for less than $500k a year. The thought of flying standby half way across the country to start work makes me cringe.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

ant_321 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:52 pm
C-GGGQ wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:39 pm Porter has a base in yhz too. One of the main reasons they are on my list. So their 45 goes way further in Halifax than your 33.
And I get that. I responded to the poster because his commment made the assumption that people don’t want to live in YHZ or YQX. I would love to live in the east coast but the money and career opportunities left on the table by doing so aren’t worth it to me. And as for commuting, I wouldn’t dream of that for less than $500k a year. The thought of flying standby half way across the country to start work makes me cringe.
That's fair, and I understand. I am coming up against the same thing. Majority of my family is in NB. so my choices are Halifax at Porter or PAL etc. Or commute to YYZ/ YUL not terribly hard depending on which airline, but certainly not ideal. However I prefer that over actually living in Ontario or Quebec. I've done it, I don't like it.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Dumb thing is Yhz has international flights to Europe (or at least it did, maybe I'm out of date) so you would think between that and like Porter easy access to big East coast cities that it would make a sensible crew base for at minimum AC, WestJet too.

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:42 am It's not to bash Evas in the prensent or the past, it's for people who can look at where Evas is going, not where it's been.
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:04 pm
How's that schedule (6 on 5 off) coming along? How about those negotiations? Care to give us an update?

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

BE02 Driver wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:39 am
Evascaptainyhz wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:04 pm
How's that schedule (6 on 5 off) coming along? How about those negotiations? Care to give us an update?
Crickets.........

hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hsilgnepilot »

So whats the vibe like at EVAS after GGN all but losing their CPA? I fear for some of my friends who are employees that similar things could happen here...

Of course EVAS still has a semi-stable MEDEVAC operation and stable cargo run without the AC flying.

Being a Halifax native and having accommodations easily available in YHZ and YQX also, EVAS was/is one of the companies I've considered applying to, however I hope a lot of this stuff isn't true that I've read... especially the fronting 10k for a bond...

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

hsilgnepilot wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:32 am So whats the vibe like at EVAS after GGN all but losing their CPA? I fear for some of my friends who are employees that similar things could happen here...

Of course EVAS still has a semi-stable MEDEVAC operation and stable cargo run without the AC flying.

Being a Halifax native and having accommodations easily available in YHZ and YQX also, EVAS was/is one of the companies I've considered applying to, however I hope a lot of this stuff isn't true that I've read... especially the fronting 10k for a bond...
You'll likely regret your decision to fly for EVAS. Most do.

Bond is $20k, not $10k. Just FYI.

I don't see them holding onto the YHZ flying much longer. Not with the Mayor of Moncton complaining in the media about the number of cancelled flights. YQX, who knows?

hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hsilgnepilot »

[/quote]
I don't see them holding onto the YHZ flying much longer. Not with the Mayor of Moncton complaining in the media about the number of cancelled flights. YQX, who knows?
[/quote]
I can see them losing it as well and have heard similar, but whose gonna cover it? Jazz retiring their Dash 100s which seems like what would be the most logical solution to connect YHZ-YQM/YSJ/YFC/YYX.

Or maybe they’ll bring Georgian back to the maritimes?

hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hsilgnepilot »

BE02 Driver wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:43 pm
[/quote]

I’ve heard similar and heard they might lose it. But the only logical choice to replace it would be Jazz on a Dash 100, which as we know are being retired. So this is unlikely.

Unless if they plan to bring Georgian back to YHZ to connect us to YYG/YSJ/YQM/YFC?

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

hsilgnepilot wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:07 pm
BE02 Driver wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:43 pm
I’ve heard similar and heard they might lose it. But the only logical choice to replace it would be Jazz on a Dash 100, which as we know are being retired. So this is unlikely.

Unless if they plan to bring Georgian back to YHZ to connect us to YYG/YSJ/YQM/YFC?
[/quote]

Routes are becoming pretty popular. They could run the -300 with slightly reduced frequency from YHZ and supplemental routes from YYZ/YOW/YUL.

Return to “Employment Forum”