Evas

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Evas

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

Good Day, well here goes round 2!

I'm starting this forum to dispell rumours and try to get rid of the terrible reputation Evas has. The other post got deleted because people thought I was a fake captain and that I was management. This has been since proven that I am actually a captain here at Evas in YHZ. I am here to tell you there has been alot that has been changing and is planning on being changed so please if you have any questions I am here to answer them. If you want to make fun of Evas or say bad things please use the Evas topic crushed forum. This forum is meant to allow potential future employees to ask questions to a real staff member! so that being said if you have any actual questions about Evas let me try my best to help you!
---------- ADS -----------

tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Evas

Post by tps8903 »

I'll bite! Here are some questions, likely to be asked by many people.

1. How much is the promissory note for? How long is it? How much money do you have to pay upfront?

2. How many hours do you fly per month on average?

3. At what point to you start getting overtime and how much does OT pay?

4. How many Guarenteed Days off do you have per month?

5. How often does you schedule change?

6. How much are the Per Diems?

7. How much is the base salary for FO and Capt?

8. How much is rent in YHZ/YQX?

9. What are the health and retirement benefits? How much are they?

Is that a good start?

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

tps8903 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:22 am I'll bite! Here are some questions, likely to be asked by many people.

1. How much is the promissory note for? How long is it? How much money do you have to pay upfront?

Is that a good start?
I got this one EVAS YHZ Captain. Correct where necessary.

- Last Check $20,000 for 2 years, 50% cash upfront. And approximately $450 cash for your uniform.

-90-120 per month

No overtime for hours, only a per diem payment for coming in on your day off. $188 per day for an FO and $357 for a Captain if over 5 hours. $102 per day for FO and $204 for under 5 hours.

-All the time

- $25 per day

Year 3 on the Collective Agreement scale. Memorandum of understanding. Increased it this year due to staffing pressures.
$33,480 for FO
$61,389 for Captains

Don't know.

Contribute to RRSP matching after 2 years service.
Medical and dental I forget. Like $80/pay. FO take home pay was about $920 bi-weekly including the $300 pay back for the bond.

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

as of right now
1. Promissary note is $20,000 again if you stay your contracted agreement (2 years)that doesnt matter. $0 upfront! the uniform is deducted off per pay cheque.(looking into this)
2. Depends on staff but yes usually around 90ish sometimes more sometimes less. (latley usually abit more then 90)
3. this is correct (again one of the major things we are looking at for CBA)
4. This depends on staff as a new hire technically you only get 10 GDOS after 2 years 11 after 5 13 This being said its fairly rare to actually work Minimum GDO's usually you will get 1 above min and a few reserves.
5. Schedule does change alot it has been for a long time (Most important thing we are looking at for new CBA)
6. $25 per day if over 5 hours. $43 if working at other base
7. $33,480 FO plus roughly 6.5K a year for per diems not including OT 61,389 with the 6.5K in perdiems again not including OT.
8. YQX is fairly decent but youd have to do your research, YHZ is almost impossible to answer depends on what you want. what area you want if you are by yourself etc...
9 .Correct
10. medical and dental again depends on what plan you use....etc anywhere from 40-80 per pay. you dont have a payback for the bond. there is no bond its a promissary Note.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

So you work 90+ hours a month and no overtime pay? :shock: Is that even legal?

Let’s Go Brandon
BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Inverted2 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:13 pm So you work 90+ hours a month and no overtime pay? :shock: Is that even legal?
Apparently it is. Most are flying over 100 hours per month at EVAS with no additional compensation.

They claim because they pay salary you are not elligable for OT. The best part! If you are unfortunate enough to have to wait 2 months for your PPC after starting ground school at EVAS, they stop paying you while you wait for your PPC. So you move to YQX/YHZ get paid for two weeks, then nothing. I know the union had that decision reversed, and those people eventually got their "salary", but these are the type of people you work for. Suck and blow at the same time.

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

Im not a labour board but from what I know transportation employees/Pilots are exempt from the 40 hours means overtime rules. Im not sure hence the reason we are looking into it for the CBA.

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

Georgian has a work over 100 hours all the rest is overtime So Evas is not the only one. Again we are working on it... things take time...

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

BE02 Driver wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:35 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:13 pm So you work 90+ hours a month and no overtime pay? :shock: Is that even legal?
Apparently it is. Most are flying over 100 hours per month at EVAS with no additional compensation.

They claim because they pay salary you are not elligable for OT. The best part! If you are unfortunate enough to have to wait 2 months for your PPC after starting ground school at EVAS, they stop paying you while you wait for your PPC. So you move to YQX/YHZ get paid for two weeks, then nothing. I know the union had that decision reversed, and those people eventually got their "salary", but these are the type of people you work for. Suck and blow at the same time.
This was an issue that was addressed I Only recall hearing about it once and it was for maybe a week if that before they got compensated. That issue has been addressed and be damn sure that It wont return!

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:58 am as of right now
1. Promissary note is $20,000 again if you stay your contracted agreement (2 years)that doesnt matter. $0 upfront! the uniform is deducted off per pay cheque.(looking into this)
2. Depends on staff but yes usually around 90ish sometimes more sometimes less. (latley usually abit more then 90)
4. This depends on staff as a new hire technically you only get 10 GDOS after 2 years 11 after 5 13 This being said its fairly rare to actually work Minimum GDO's usually you will get 1 above min and a few reserves.
5. Schedule does change alot it has been for a long time (Most important thing we are looking at for new CBA)
7. $33,480 FO plus roughly 6.5K a year for per diems not including OT 61,389 with the 6.5K in perdiems again not including OT.
8. YQX is fairly decent but youd have to do your research, YHZ is almost impossible to answer depends on what you want. what area you want if you are by yourself etc...
9 .Correct
10. medical and dental again depends on what plan you use....etc anywhere from 40-80 per pay. you dont have a payback for the bond. there is no bond its a promissary Note.
Looks like I will not be wanting a position. I don't see anything better about it than king Air. Certainly a downgrade.

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

Here is what the answers should be these days for anyone half decent and experienced to consider EVAS long term in my opinion:

Nothing! You should not have to put up ANY money upfront. Sure, ONE year promissory note/handshake should be ok.

60-70 should be the max imho. Anything above 75 hours should be OT.

3. At what point do you start getting overtime and how much does OT pay?
Read above.

4. How many Guarenteed Days off do you have per month? You should have at least 16 guaranteed days off a month and it shouldn’t be played around with.

It should not change unless you agree to it.

For this type of operation, say $80 a day.

Should be base FO: $45k
Base Capt: $85k

Fairly affordable

Full dental and health coverage by employer with extended benefits and massage etc. 10% RSP matching and company matches it.

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

Welcome to Fantasy IslandImage

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
Evascaptainyhz wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:58 am as of right now
9 .Correct
Looks like I will not be wanting a position. I don't see anything better about it than king Air. Certainly a downgrade.
Buddy, you've been bitching and moaning about getting a job at EVAS and you are just learning this stuff now? What's the matter with you? Most of that info is readily available online.

I honestly don't even know where to begin with you........

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

BE02 Driver wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:33 am
I got this one EVAS YHZ Captain. Correct where necessary.

- Last Check $20,000 for 2 years, 50% cash upfront. And approximately $450 cash for your uniform...
I stopped reading here.

50% up front cash from a poor F/O? $10,000 cash ? $450 for the uniform? They have to pay for uniform?

Are the managers at EVAS insane? Let me ask that again: "ARE THE MANAGERS AT EVAS INSANE?"

Shame on you for taking advantage of hard working and talented people!

Das ist mir wurst...
Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Grey_Wolf »

https://www.retailcouncil.org/quickfact ... y-province

Ontario minimum wage: 14.00$/hour [29,120$/year]
Nova Scotia min wage: 11.00$/hour [22, 880$/year]
Newfoundland min wage: 11.15$/hour [23,192$/year]
* min wage x 40 hours per week x 52 weeks.

Average debt load for students is about 60,000$ to 80,000$

So .... 33,000$ to start as an FO, with 60k in debt, being asked to front 20K?

I often wonder why "the industry wonders why there's a pilot shortage". :roll:

"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Grey_Wolf »

"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

Obviously the pay and working conditions are just fine because they seem to find enough pilots to keep flying their airplanes .

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

Evasyhzcaptain,

I’ll start by saying I commend you for the time and effort you’ve put into improving your CBA and WAWCON. That said, I feel bad for current/future Evas employees having you bargaining on their behalf. You clearly have no idea what it’s like to work at an even semi-decent airline. You clearly have big fish in a very tiny scummy pond syndrome and most of all you clearly are delusional if you think any of the above listed working conditions are acceptable. Do your fellow co-workers, future co-workers and every other Canadian pilot a favour and exclude yourself from the negotiations in favour of someone with more factual industry knowledge.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:15 pm Evasyhzcaptain,

I’ll start by saying I commend you for the time and effort you’ve put into improving your CBA and WAWCON. That said, I feel bad for current/future Evas employees having you bargaining on their behalf. You clearly have no idea what it’s like to work at an even semi-decent airline. You clearly have big fish in a very tiny scummy pond syndrome and most of all you clearly are delusional if you think any of the above listed working conditions are acceptable. Do your fellow co-workers, future co-workers and every other Canadian pilot a favour and exclude yourself from the negotiations in favour of someone with more factual industry knowledge.
I could not have said it better myself. Spot on! I agree 100%

Das ist mir wurst...
Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:15 pm Evasyhzcaptain,

When did I ever say this was acceptable? I appreciate the compliment I don't appreciate everything after that at what point did I say it was acceptable? At what point did I tell you everything we were going for in the negotiations? I wasn't around the first time around negotiations were in so that's a pretty big brush you just painted me with! Proof will be in the pudding I guess...

Return to “Employment Forum”