Hiring Process at Jazz

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

DaveB33
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hiring Process at Jazz

Post by DaveB33 »

Just wondering if anyone can help shed some light on the hiring process at Jazz. I sent in my application for FO in August and I haven't heard anything back from them yet. Is that normal?
---------- ADS -----------

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Hiring Process at Jazz

Post by Rowdy »

You applied through the online portal appropriately? Added in all the necessary info? Uploaded your resume and cover letter? There are some things in there that will immediately get you nixed from the process.. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out :D

Takes HR a bit of time to sort through. From there you should get a call (if selected) for an interview, then a sim eval, followed by a psych test, reference check and then hopefully offered a ground school. The process ranges from 5 weeks to 6 months depending on your qualifications and the need for the upcoming ground schools (based on attrition to AC and overseas)

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

DaveB33 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:29 pm Just wondering if anyone can help shed some light on the hiring process at Jazz. I sent in my application for FO in August and I haven't heard anything back from them yet. Is that normal?
Not everyone gets selected for an interview. If you haven't heard back, I suggest having someone review your resume. Do you have a well written cover letter?

DaveB33
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DaveB33 »

TBH I'm asking this question for a friend so I don't know exactly whats on her resume. She has been instructing for a few years, has around 1000 hours. She has her IFR and teaches on single and twin engines.
Sorry if I'm not explaining it all that great, I'm not a pilot. I'm just asking because she was offered a position at Georgian but she would rather work for Jazz. She's torn between accepting the position and Georgian or holding out for a call from Jazz. She's not into message boards etc so I'm trying to see what info I can dig up for her.

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

Jazz has not been hiring much lately. As much as I would be the last person to suggest a job at GGN, it's probably good to take the first off your can get especially with only 1000 hours. Is the offer on the CRJ or B1900?

GGN is fighting for their first ALPA collective agreement so one would think things will either get much better soon, or she'd be out of a job.

DaveB33
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DaveB33 »

I'm pretty sure it's on the CRJ - she said regional jet. Heard some bad things about Georgian but not sure if she's in a position to be choosy. Her main issue is that she lives in BC and can't move because of family so the commute is pretty brutal.

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

Yeah if that's the case she's better off going somewhere like WJ link or encore. Commuting to a GGN job is basically like moving. The schedule will not be friendly.

DaveB33
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DaveB33 »

and would she have to rent an apartment and pay rent where she's living as well as her mortgage back home? I think she's applied at encore, but didn't mention Link. I'll suggest them. Do you know if they are hiring more than Jazz right now?

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

She would need a crash pad. It's not so much about that, but with the schedule she'd be home maybe 8 days a month. No jazz is not hiring like crazy right now. Hiring, yes... But not in huge numbers. We'll see what happens in the new year there's rumors that AC may be transitioning all their hiring to only AC Express. Again... Rumors.

DaveB33
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by DaveB33 »

Thanks so much for the info. That helps a lot.
Cheers

Return to “Employment Forum”