RCMP Avionics Position- Vancouver

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Horseman
Rank 2
Rank 2

RCMP Avionics Position- Vancouver

Post by Horseman »

Just for your info

RCMP in Vancouver is looking for an AME-E with 5 years experience. They have an add in this months copy of Helicopters Magazine. Page 32.

Position will work on aircraft in BC and Alberta. Helicopters and fixed wing. PC-12's, Bell 206 and Eurocopter B3, Caravan 208.

The attached web page will give you a heads-up on their aircraft inventory, for each Province. There are a few errors on the list, but it gives you a general idea.

http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/waf/canada/ ... entory.htm

http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/waf/canada/ ... -orbat.htm

Pay is $57836 to 69566

Send resume to:

Director of Maintenance
RCMP National Headquarters
1200 Vanier Parkway, Ottawa Ontario

Fax 613-993-2431
Email: wally.zelenyj@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Horseman on Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

Horseman,

Do you know if the RCMP promote their pilots from within or as this add shows, they just hire people off the street.

I've called their Toronto and Ottawa office and the recruiters aren't very helpful.

My question "do you need to be an RCMP officer before you can get the pilots jobs"

their answer. "ummm, I don't know, but I think so".

Would you happen to have a more definitive answer?

please and thank you.

Horseman
Rank 2
Rank 2

RCMP PILOTS JOBS

Post by Horseman »

CYYZ

The info that I got from an ex RCMP twin otter pilot is that they are moving away from sworn police officer as pilots and moving to hiring from industry, as the gene pool is much larger. The rationale is, you don't need to be a police officer to fly an aircraft. Also, many pilots/engineers have already spent tons of $$$ on training, and are ready to work with minimum check time.

They are hiring new pilots and engineers as they need them through attrition. The new people are being brought in as Civilian Members of the RCMP, and are not Unionized. They are paid at the same rate as the Federal Public Servant - (Transport Canada) equalivent.

The last pilot hired in Edmonton was for their Bell 206L and she was hired from private industry. Excellent pilot with IFR and major hours PIC.

If you want to put your resume into the RCMP, just contact your local RCMP recruiting unit, (Look In the phone book). They will provide direction.

Horseman

Return to “Employment Forum”