Resume posting

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

C-GJPD
Rank 1
Rank 1

Resume posting

Post by C-GJPD »

Do you think putting my resume on AVCANADA web site worth it? Does anybody received a call for a job after posting their resume over there :?:

thanks

C-GJPD
---------- ADS -----------

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

depends on your time and other qualifications like float, mountain time, taildragger, spraying, geosurvey, PPC, etc. If you've got some time, or some specific skill set than I'd say it would be worth a shot. If you have a basic CPL then I'd save your money for a road trip.

C-GJPD
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by C-GJPD »

I plan to do a road trip soon, so I'll stay to my first idea.

Thank you for your advise.

C-GJPD

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

I see you live in quebec. If you're bilingual then I see no reason to drive past the quebec boarders. Everytime I've been looking for work the folks in quebec didn't seem to be intrested in people who didn't speak french. That should give you a good foot in the door anyway.

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

Don't forget your cellphone..

Unless you want them calling your home while you're on the road..

185_guy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by 185_guy »

just get a answering machine for your cell so when you are driving across ontario you wont miss calls from being out of service areas. Mine cuts out around north bay and only works every now and then till thunder bay.
Good luck

. .
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by . . »

guess the espanola/blind river area doesn't have any cell coverage. If you're on 17 between Sault and Sudbury be sure and pick up some smoked fish from that fish store. I think it's near blind river?

corn-shoot
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by corn-shoot »

AND once you're past Sioux on 17, pedal to the metal. 180 km/hr with a piece of smoked fish hanging out of your mouth...that's living!!

C-GJPD
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by C-GJPD »

endless wrote:I see you live in quebec. If you're bilingual then I see no reason to drive past the quebec boarders. Everytime I've been looking for work the folks in quebec didn't seem to be intrested in people who didn't speak french. That should give you a good foot in the door anyway.
Actually, it's also a personnal trip for fun and to improve my english. It's true, I'm bilingual, but my english is " functionnal" but not "operationnal". Maybe I will not find a job, but it will be a valuable personal experience.

About the quebec, that's true it's hard to find a job if you don't talk french and english. But that's for the same reason people would not hire me in Alberta, if I'm not talking english. That's true that people are almost all talking english and french in big cities like Montreal, but that's not true for the rest of the province : lot of people are only talking french, like lot of people are only talking english in the rest of canada.

Anyway, thanks all, for your advise!

C-GJPD :)

Return to “Employment Forum”