Other Options

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Coulson Aircrane
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Other Options

Post by Coulson Aircrane »

Good morning:

I'm just seeing this thread now and want to steer you to our webpage where all our current vacancies are posted.

www.coulsongroup.com

If any interest you, please send your resume and cover letter to jobs@coulsongroup.com

Thanks!

Daphne van der Boom
Manager, Human Resources
Coulson Aircrane Ltd.
Port Alberni BC
---------- ADS -----------

propfeather
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by propfeather »

Coulson Aircrane wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:17 am Good morning:

I'm just seeing this thread now and want to steer you to our webpage where all our current vacancies are posted.

www.coulsongroup.com

If any interest you, please send your resume and cover letter to jobs@coulsongroup.com

Thanks!

Daphne van der Boom
Manager, Human Resources
Coulson Aircrane Ltd.
Port Alberni BC
Classic HR :rolleyes:

andyp
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by andyp »

goingnowherefast wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:15 am Because [insert major city here] is the best city in the world. Everybody wants to live here so they can twitter-chat and snap-feed every detail to the other 2 million people living there.

The northern flying jobs tend to pay quite a bit better than the Jazz/Encore type. Plus the lower cost of living outside a big city often means much more disposable income for hobbies, travelling, etc.
Got it all figured out hey?

You’re wrong. Northern gigs don’t pay ‘quite a bit better’ then Jazz/Encore. Unless you’re comparing a captain gig in the North to a regional FO.

You’ll take a hit at the regionals for a bit, but once you make left seat you will end up making more money then the Northern operators are even able to pay.

Plenty of guys commute to places with lower cost of living too. The ones living in the cities still do pretty damn good for themselves.

A

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

twa22 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:35 am Thunder Bay, well other then in the city, there is literally nothing around other then lakes, and you have to travel long distances to get to anything else to do something different... Same goes for even a place like Toronto, not a whole lot going on outside of the city, so at least being in it can compensate for the other missing things
I guess you don't get outside much. TBay has world class rock/ice climbing, single track mountain biking, decent food and arts scene. Fishing and hunting too if that's your thing. Thunder Bay's problem is that there are too many whiners whining about stuff that stupid people whine about. If you're into the out doors, I can't think of a better bang for the buck. Yes, Canmore, Squamish/Whistler, and Vancouver Island, are better, but $$$...

I have lived all across Canada in some very remote locales. I have found redeeming things about every single place. I have never been able to find nothing to do. I guess its just a matter of attitude.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

andyp wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:21 am
goingnowherefast wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:15 am Because [insert major city here] is the best city in the world. Everybody wants to live here so they can twitter-chat and snap-feed every detail to the other 2 million people living there.

The northern flying jobs tend to pay quite a bit better than the Jazz/Encore type. Plus the lower cost of living outside a big city often means much more disposable income for hobbies, travelling, etc.
Got it all figured out hey?

You’re wrong. Northern gigs don’t pay ‘quite a bit better’ then Jazz/Encore. Unless you’re comparing a captain gig in the North to a regional FO.

You’ll take a hit at the regionals for a bit, but once you make left seat you will end up making more money then the Northern operators are even able to pay.

Plenty of guys commute to places with lower cost of living too. The ones living in the cities still do pretty damn good for themselves.

A

Hmm,
Didn't realize 55 grand for northern Dash FO was better than 38 grand for Jazz CRJ FO. Isn't First Air paying over 60 grand for ATR FO? That's 44-57% more than Jazz and most would consider it "quite a bit better". But what do I know...I must be wrong.

On the captain side, 100+ grand starting pay for some 704/705lite operators vs ~85 grand base pay at the regionals.

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

The sacrifices are a big part of any success in anything. BC is sadly full of softies that the rest of the world takes full advantage of. How do I know? I am one, who left. Go anywhere but get off the island and join the world.

Return to “Employment Forum”