AIR BRAVO

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

TonicBear
Rank 0
Rank 0

AIR BRAVO

Post by TonicBear »

Good day everyone;

I am Interested in the Air Bravo First Officer position, specifically out of Lake Simcoe. I was wondering if anyone has any information on the job such as pay, schedule, bond, employee treatment/satisfaction, benefits, etc for both FO and Captain positions.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
---------- ADS -----------

Lost Lake
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: AIR BRAVO

Post by Lost Lake »

Stay away!!

What little I do know is either not important or I've forgotten it!
Transport Canada's mission statement: We're not happy until you're not happy
skybluetrek
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by skybluetrek »

Lost Lake wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:47 am Stay away!!
Please elaborate.

pul106
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pul106 »

skybluetrek wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:56 pm
Lost Lake wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:47 am Stay away!!
Please elaborate.
+1
TonicBear wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:42 am Good day everyone;

I am Interested in the Air Bravo First Officer position, specifically out of Lake Simcoe. I was wondering if anyone has any information on the job such as pay, schedule, bond, employee treatment/satisfaction, benefits, etc for both FO and Captain positions.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
+1

Please and Thanks

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Didn't they get reamed out in the Ontario Parliament a few years back because they were too cheap to get a satellite phone and a patient died? Imagine how they treat their pilots if they're that cheap.

smooth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by smooth »

one of the worst 703 operator in Ontario, we have 4-5 pilots in our company who used to work at AB. NON of them say good things about that company. STAY AWAY
TonicBear wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:42 am Good day everyone;

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

phillyfan
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by phillyfan »

Pilots are a whiny bunch. The seldom say anything good about anything.

Tanker299
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tanker299 »

The bond is quite solid there so if they fire you becuse you dont want to put fuel on your credit card or some other call you make that they don't like..... It's $15000 bones and they seem to be holding onto that even in these times. Major legal issues with the city of Elliot lake and I'm sure others. YTZ you needed to pre pay fuel or no go juice for you. Never hear good things about them but no risk no reward right?

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Tanker299 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:08 am The bond is quite solid there so if they fire you becuse you dont want to put fuel on your credit card or some other call you make that they don't like..... It's $15000 bones and they seem to be holding onto that even in these times. Major legal issues with the city of Elliot lake and I'm sure others. YTZ you needed to pre pay fuel or no go juice for you. Never hear good things about them but no risk no reward right?
Does your employee contract specify the pilot is responsible to pay for fuel? If so, what should the credit limit be? If they fire you for those things, I find it unlikely the pilot would be on the hook for the bond.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Tanker299
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tanker299 »

Digits

I don't know what would hold up in court. That would depend on the contract, your ability to understand and argue it and the judge. But they will most likely come after you and if you don't defend yourself you have to pay up. If that's a risk you would want to take.... well that's totally up to you, everyone is free to choose the path that works for them. If you feel that you could beat them at their own game then I say go with God. I am sure they could use some humble pie. I don't feel that I have that "$15,000 plus court cost" type of confidence in my ability to win.

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

I don't understand how they're still in business. Who do they fly around since ORNGE took over? I just assume it's a money laundering operation at this point.

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

Daniel Cooper wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:00 pm I don't understand how they're still in business. Who do they fly around since ORNGE took over? I just assume it's a money laundering operation at this point.
I can not justify this particular company’s continued existence, but in general, there is still lots of work for the Standing Agreement carriers. Ornge handles the Critical Care flying, but there is still lots of basic and some advanced care flying out there, and it would be a waste of resources to use a critical care machine on a basic care call, especially if that meant that they were then unavailable for an actual critical care call. So there continues to be a number of qualified SA carriers in the province who provide this service, as was done before Ornge started their own operation, when Voyageur provided the dedicated aircraft, and multiple SOA carriers provided the remainder of the lift.

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

If they terminate you for not using your personal bank account to fund the company .. get yourself a lawyer because a pay day is coming your way. There is case law out there and a two bit lawyer from the yellow pages should be able to lock that up for you.

You might wanna start your own company with the PC12 your about to acquire! lol

:lol:

pild04
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by pild04 »

Does anyone have an update on the pay, schedule, bond and experience requirements for a FO? Are they hiring?

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Wow. Pilots are masochists.. aren’t they?

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
wing'd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wing'd »

Someone give him a « flashing red light »

f35guy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by f35guy »

pild04 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:21 pm Does anyone have an update on the pay, schedule, bond and experience requirements for a FO? Are they hiring?
+1

Return to “Employment Forum”