American companies

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Otto Pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

American companies

Post by Otto Pilot »

Hello all, just curious if any one has been hired for any American companies who helped them obtain an FAA license. If so what company? Thanks in advance for any comments.
---------- ADS -----------

Whiskey25
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: American companies

Post by Whiskey25 »

I converted my TC ATPL to FAA ATP in 2018. There were 4 new hires going to one of the feeder airlines who were on the CTP course (mandatory for FAA ATP). The 4 guys were all hired and had to complete the CTP course and finish their ATP exams prior to starting in house training at their respective airline.

I believe you can convert to FAA commercial licence cheaper than the ATP because there's no requirement for CTP course (approx $5K USD). If a company hires you they may send you on the CTP course and cover the cost. Unfortunately given the number of recently unemployed pilots you would be competing against now, I think it's unlikely that any company will have a need to pay for the CTP course.

Whiskey

Otto Pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Otto Pilot »

Thanks for the reply. With the situation going on now I understand that it will be a while to get back to where aviation was. Just trying to do some digging and planning for the future. I've had my eyes on corporate flying for a while now. I have done the sched and medevac life but they don't really tickle my fancy.

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

Any easy way to get a working visa or green card to work as a pilot in the USA ?

propfeather
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by propfeather »

RegionalPilot wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:00 pm Any easy way to get a working visa or green card to work as a pilot in the USA ?
Find a nice young hunk to spend the rest of your life with.

Return to “Employment Forum”