How to Become an Air Tanker Pilot?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

BigBeautifulRadials
Rank 0
Rank 0

How to Become an Air Tanker Pilot?

Post by BigBeautifulRadials »

Basically the title says it, I'm looking to figure out how to end up as a water bomber, if theres any set career path I should follow or what the best route is to achieving that goal? Also if anybody can speak first hand about their experience as a water bomber and how the lifestyle is to give me a little bit of insight to see if it truly would be a good fit. Im pretty green in my career, and nows a terrible time for that, so ignoring the current job climate, what should I be chasing/what time should I be building to be best qualified for water bombing? Thanks in advance!
---------- ADS -----------

LifeAt90Kts
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: How to Become an Air Tanker Pilot?

Post by LifeAt90Kts »

Floats! Lots and lots and LOTS of float time.

enbt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by enbt »

LifeAt90Kts wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:01 pm Floats! Lots and lots and LOTS of float time.
Yup, good advice. Plus a good bit of multi, and flying boat time too if you can get it (if you're wanting to be on a 215/415). Fire fighting is one of the most recession proof sub industries in aviation.

TailwheelPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TailwheelPilot »

Return to “Employment Forum”