WAWCON at PAL Aerospace

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

flyboy14914
Rank 0
Rank 0

WAWCON at PAL Aerospace

Post by flyboy14914 »

Trying to get information regarding current WAWCON at PAL Aerospace (AMSD). You can respond to this post or PM me directly!

Thanks in advance for any help.
---------- ADS -----------

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: WAWCON at PAL Aerospace

Post by rigpiggy »

was told they had a slide at 1st day GS, it was on for about 3 seconds, and never available after that......do they have a policy book they distribute that shows wages?

GoinVertical
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GoinVertical »

rigpiggy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:55 am was told they had a slide at 1st day GS, it was on for about 3 seconds, and never available after that......do they have a policy book they distribute that shows wages?
Maybe that's why this happened :lol:

https://www.alpa.org/news-and-events/ne ... ace-pilots

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

I believe they have both wages..................

...................and working conditions.

sullecpt
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sullecpt »

mijbil
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mijbil »

I can see a base wage split between CA and F/O but per diems? Do captains eat more than F/O's? Every other place I can think of has identical per diems for everyone be they captain, F/O, F/A. Thanks for posting that. Those rates are shockingly low even when some places are using these times as an excuse to grind down pay rates. CX comes to mind.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

As it is a King Air 200, I get the low rate with the years one and two. But 15 years to make 85K when all other operators are paying that by years 4-5, WOW.

MrAviator19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrAviator19 »

sullecpt wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:32 pm Image
This is pathetic. But we're Canadian pilots, we're expected to bend over and take the abuse especially in these times.

Too many "be grateful you have a job" or "I worked the ramp with 5000 hours and still waited 10 years to become a Caravan FO, so stop whining" clowns in this country. I refuse to believe that we're our own worst enemies. It's only people like the ones I mentioned why pilots live below the poverty line in a country where aviation means everything.

MrA

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

So I am making the equivalent of a 13 year captain flying a navajo. Yes everybody is looking for a job, but this was negotiated in 2015? Your MEC sucks

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Absolutely pathetic.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Cavalier44
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Cavalier44 »

rigpiggy wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:55 pm So I am making the equivalent of a 13 year captain flying a navajo. Yes everybody is looking for a job, but this was negotiated in 2015? Your MEC sucks
PAL Aerospace wasn't unionized in 2015 - they just certified under ALPA this year. Not trying to make any excuses for the abysmal wages, but there was no MEC doing any negotiating at that time.

GoinVertical
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GoinVertical »

Also, from having friend's of friend's that work there, I believe they are flying quite specialized King Air 200's that are well over-weight compared to a joe-blow B200 at low-level over the North Atlantic...

So I don't think it should be compared to the average King Air job. Seems pretty specialized to me, and I'm not sure why they aren't making more than the average pilot.

jspitfire
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by jspitfire »

I must point out that some companies use a points system to establish where you sit in the pay scale. By adding up points based on total time, time on type, years of service, etc, you slot in at your appropriate 'pay step.' With this system it's quite easy to slot in to the top half of the pay scale right away.

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

What’s the point when lots of operator’s pay more from the get go?

What’s the point when you have no possibility of pay progression? What you see is what you get!

Return to “Employment Forum”