Fox Flight Pay

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

AirConolingus
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Fox Flight Pay

Post by AirConolingus »

I used to work for them and boy let me tell you was it a top notch operation. I wouldn't even worry about the pay rates because they are such a pleasure to fly for that no amount of money will take away from the absolute joy you feel when you're called in with plenty of notice to operate a transatlantic flight on an aircraft that was definitely designed for transatlantic flying. I think the biggest perk was the unlimited packs of Kirkland brand mixed nuts that were available to us crew for our 3-7+ day trips. But my absolute favourite part of the job was the modifications on their aircraft that removed the lavs - why deal with a disgusting lav when you can just hold it for 5-6 hours am I right! Anyway this is a great opportunity and I highly recommend pursuing it. Good luck!
---------- ADS -----------

Adjfrancis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Adjfrancis »

AirConolingus wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:36 pm I used to work for them and boy let me tell you was it a top notch operation. I wouldn't even worry about the pay rates because they are such a pleasure to fly for that no amount of money will take away from the absolute joy you feel when you're called in with plenty of notice to operate a transatlantic flight on an aircraft that was definitely designed for transatlantic flying. I think the biggest perk was the unlimited packs of Kirkland brand mixed nuts that were available to us crew for our 3-7+ day trips. But my absolute favourite part of the job was the modifications on their aircraft that removed the lavs - why deal with a disgusting lav when you can just hold it for 5-6 hours am I right! Anyway this is a great opportunity and I highly recommend pursuing it. Good luck!
I heard that if you shut one motor down you can increase the range significantly. Might help crossing the ocean(s).

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Adjfrancis wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:28 am
AirConolingus wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:36 pm I used to work for them and boy let me tell you was it a top notch operation. I wouldn't even worry about the pay rates because they are such a pleasure to fly for that no amount of money will take away from the absolute joy you feel when you're called in with plenty of notice to operate a transatlantic flight on an aircraft that was definitely designed for transatlantic flying. I think the biggest perk was the unlimited packs of Kirkland brand mixed nuts that were available to us crew for our 3-7+ day trips. But my absolute favourite part of the job was the modifications on their aircraft that removed the lavs - why deal with a disgusting lav when you can just hold it for 5-6 hours am I right! Anyway this is a great opportunity and I highly recommend pursuing it. Good luck!
I heard that if you shut one motor down you can increase the range significantly. Might help crossing the ocean(s).

Last edited by schnitzel2k3 on Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:56 am Well I’m certainly not an AC diehard or even an AC employee but not hard to see you’re delusional or bitter... or both. But if you want to try to pretend like a career at a 704 medevac company is better have at it, as good as fox flight may or may not be.
Where did he pass judgment about one career path being better than another? And besides, that is personally subjective. Maybe for some people, it IS a better career choice. At any rate, all he said was that the pay is better, which is not hard to prove, and even less hard to believe, knowing how dismal flat pay is. If anything, the only untrue thing he said is that AC is Canada's most "exclusive" pilot career when it clearly is not. They employ some 4000 or so pilots, far more than any other single air operator in Canada, and it's a job that requires no special piloting skills or experience to get. It's actually the least exclusive pilot job one could aspire to in Canada.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

shimmydampner wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:33 pm
Yycjetdriver wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:56 am Well I’m certainly not an AC diehard or even an AC employee but not hard to see you’re delusional or bitter... or both. But if you want to try to pretend like a career at a 704 medevac company is better have at it, as good as fox flight may or may not be.
Where did he pass judgment about one career path being better than another? And besides, that is personally subjective. Maybe for some people, it IS a better career choice. At any rate, all he said was that the pay is better, which is not hard to prove, and even less hard to believe, knowing how dismal flat pay is. If anything, the only untrue thing he said is that AC is Canada's most "exclusive" pilot career when it clearly is not. They employ some 4000 or so pilots, far more than any other single air operator in Canada, and it's a job that requires no special piloting skills or experience to get. It's actually the least exclusive pilot job one could aspire to in Canada.
Fair enough. Won't argue there.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

had me in the first half ngl

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

shimmydampner wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:33 pm
Well said. A lot of them do however think they’re special though.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:46 pm Less than what they should, but more than it would take to stop the furloughed pilot group from applying.

#stillmorethanflatpay
Lol

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Something makes me think of old Bubbles tangled in piss jugs and extension cords LOL

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:47 am
Yycjetdriver wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:33 am
ShamrockPilot wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:10 am

What a snowflake/troll you are yyc
It’s clear who’s bitter out of you two and it isn’t schnitzel :lol:
How am I being a snowflake or troll? What I am saying that’s untrue or troll like and what I am bitter about? I really have no dog in this fight, just calling someone out for stating things that are untrue.
The joke is, starting pay at a garbage 704 medevac company is on par with one of the most exclusive airline gigs in the country. That's the joke you seem to be missing. It was a joke....haha...no? Goodness me. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Sad and true, it’s a f’n joke

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:47 am
Yycjetdriver wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:33 am
ShamrockPilot wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:10 am

What a snowflake/troll you are yyc
It’s clear who’s bitter out of you two and it isn’t schnitzel :lol:
How am I being a snowflake or troll? What I am saying that’s untrue or troll like and what I am bitter about? I really have no dog in this fight, just calling someone out for stating things that are untrue.
The joke is, starting pay at a garbage 704 medevac company is on par with one of the most exclusive airline gigs in the country. That's the joke you seem to be missing. It was a joke....haha...no? Goodness me. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Sad and true, it’s a f’n joke

Return to “Employment Forum”