Fox Flight Pay

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Joe Blow Schmo
Rank 5
Rank 5

Fox Flight Pay

Post by Joe Blow Schmo »

Anybody know what Fox Flight pays their Lear Captains?
---------- ADS -----------

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Fox Flight Pay

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Less than what they should, but more than it would take to stop the furloughed pilot group from applying.

#stillmorethanflatpay

BE20 Driver
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by BE20 Driver »

Oooo, oooo, $500

Flightgame
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flightgame »

:lol:
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:46 pm Less than what they should, but more than it would take to stop the furloughed pilot group from applying.

#stillmorethanflatpay

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:46 pm Less than what they should, but more than it would take to stop the furloughed pilot group from applying.

#stillmorethanflatpay
So with your hashtag you’re saying a career at Fox flight is better than a career at air canada financially?

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:39 am

#stillmorethanflatpay
So with your hashtag you’re saying a career at Fox flight is better than a career at air canada financially?
That's what you took from it?

I almost want to say yes, just to see how far off the rails this goes.

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

I had an interview there a few years ago. From what I recall FO pay was around 50K and captain around 80K.

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:53 am

#stillmorethanflatpay

Yes, I took your comment about being more than flat pay (which it’s not) that it’s a better financially. What else should I took is as? You want to be an internet troll and compare the pay, then that’s what anyone who reads it will assume you’re getting at.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:54 am

Yes, I took your comment about being more than flat pay (which it’s not) that it’s a better financially. What else should I took is as? You want to be an internet troll and compare the pay, then that’s what anyone who reads it will assume you’re getting at.
Hashtag is pretty straight forward. If I wanted to trigger the AC diehards I would've written #stillbetterthanflatpayandacareeratbigred. But that's a long #, not likely to trend anytime soon. You never know though after the AT merger and cargo contract. Projecting much?

Last edited by schnitzel2k3 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:30 am

Hashtag is pretty straight forward. If I wanted to trigger the AC diehards I would've written #stillbetterthanflatpayandacareeratbigred. But that's a long #, not likely to trend anytime soon. You never know though after the AT merger and cargo contract. Projecting much?
Well I’m certainly not an AC diehard or even an AC employee but not hard to see you’re delusional or bitter... or both. But if you want to try to pretend like a career at a 704 medevac company is better have at it, as good as fox flight may or may not be.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:56 am

Well I’m certainly not an AC diehard or even an AC employee but not hard to see you’re delusional or bitter... or both. But if you want to try to pretend like a career at a 704 medevac company is better have at it, as good as fox flight may or may not be.
Never pretended. I don't think I've ever been described as bitter, an ass perhaps, especially when I'm ribbing someone. I don't think delusional applies here as I never advocated that Fox Flight was a smart choice long term. Got anything else?

ShamrockPilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ShamrockPilot »

What a snowflake/troll you are yyc
It’s clear who’s bitter out of you two and it isn’t schnitzel :lol:

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:08 am

Never pretended. I don't think I've ever been described as bitter, an ass perhaps, especially when I'm ribbing someone. I don't think delusional applies here as I never advocated that Fox Flight was a smart choice long term. Got anything else?
But you’re advocating it’s a better career than Air Canada?

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

ShamrockPilot wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:10 am

How am I being a snowflake or troll? What I am saying that’s untrue or troll like and what I am bitter about? I really have no dog in this fight, just calling someone out for stating things that are untrue.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:30 am
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:08 am

But you’re advocating it’s a better career than Air Canada?
Huh? :roll:

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:33 am
ShamrockPilot wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:10 am

How am I being a snowflake or troll? What I am saying that’s untrue or troll like and what I am bitter about? I really have no dog in this fight, just calling someone out for stating things that are untrue.
The joke is, starting pay at a garbage 704 medevac company is on par with one of the most exclusive airline gigs in the country. That's the joke you seem to be missing. It was a joke....haha...no? Goodness me. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ruddervator
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ruddervator »

Is there a training bond?

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Yes and it's nasty (non-pro rated) 2 year I believe :smt078

up on one
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by up on one »

I am all out of popcorn so I will try to get us back on track. I can't answer the question of what Fox pays but I can tell you that they have an abundant supply of pilots who are willing to do it for less if it gets them back in a seat. Supply and demand will dictate pay at Fox just as it dictates the acceptance of flat pay at AC.

As an unemployed individual I would not consider applying to Fox. (Period)

Ask around any fbo and it will not take long to find several who are ecstatic having left 40k in the hole. The few that I have met have either paid the bond as agreed upon, were taking to court as agreed upon, or are actively looking for a financial solution to muster up the full amount of the bond as it is not pro rated. Speaks volumes on quality of life as well as how the place is operated.

Two cents, don't sign the bond.... but you know as well as I do the next guy being interviewed will, so why waste your time.

Freeport_Flyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Freeport_Flyer »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:23 am I had an interview there a few years ago. From what I recall FO pay was around 50K and captain around 80K.
Good answer...
up on one wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:00 pm Speaks volumes on quality of life as well as how the place is operated.

Two cents, don't sign the bond.... but you know as well as I do the next guy being interviewed will, so why waste your time.
I would say this is a valid assessment.

For those new hear, it can be painful, but eventually your question will be somewhat answered. You can always apply and get the facts and then decide to turn it down. What have you got to loose?

Return to “Employment Forum”