Best instructor gig

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

wing'd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Best instructor gig

Post by wing'd »

Fresh Class IV here, looking for a good place to become an instructor and settle down. What fight schools would you recommend ? Organisation/Work environment/Hours wise

I know money is on the very low end, but I am ready to move anywhere ( preferably in the gta to Montreal region)

If anyone have any experience let me know! I’d appreciate it
---------- ADS -----------

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Best instructor gig

Post by ‘Bob’ »

The answer is, the one that is hiring. And if it happens to be in the same city you already live, all the better. It goes without saying that your preferred locale will be highly competitive, with lots of long term instructors who do it as a side gig or have a breadwinner at home.

The lifestyle ones are university and military programs who attract instructors with extensive industry experience with good pay, schedule, and locale.

As a Class 4 you are going to have to take what you can get which will likely be ad hoc ab initio instruction (to get those coveted solo and flight test recommends) and doing night ratings so you can get those precious night PIC hours, get your ATPL, and get out.
---------- ADS -----------

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html

Return to “Employment Forum”