Bluebird Flight Academy

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

lowleveljet
Rank 1
Rank 1

Bluebird Flight Academy

Post by lowleveljet »

Any info on what it's like to work here? Google search didn't yield much, other than a few vague negative comments...
---------- ADS -----------

flyinggreasemonkey
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Bluebird Flight Academy

Post by flyinggreasemonkey »

If all you find are negative comments, what does that tell you about the company?

If it counts, whatever you find on here is pretty much accurate.

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

flyinggreasemonkey wrote:If it counts, whatever you find on here is pretty much accurate.

Not sure if I'd call avcanada a source for accuracy lol, but there are some pretty obvious trends when you search out specific companies, and Bluebird does have a pretty bad reviews trend. Not sure if you shouldn't touch them with a 10' pole, but maybe an 8' pole would be a safe bet.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
flyinggreasemonkey
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyinggreasemonkey »

From the Maylan-Bluebird thread under Flight Training.
"Blue Bird is more crooked than the Prime Minister's pecker. Very shady operation. The AE is actually in Vancouver and the school is watched by 2 brothers that have no work authorization in Canada. The brother's father comes by once in a blue moon to use company resources to try to get Subway franchises established. They frequently let payments lapse on important things like maintenance (anyone know if they ever got VVB out of hock?),fuel, and their lease. The students tend to party all the time, and come in unprepared and stinky. Their recruiter in India is a big scammer who likes to withold payments to the school even though the students have already paid.

Check their CADORS.
Steer clear."

Bang on.

Lurch
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Lurch »

flyinggreasemonkey wrote:Check their CADORS.
Steer clear."

Bang on.
:shock: 38 CADORS in 2 years :shock:

Lurch

Take my love
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care
I'm still free
You cannot take the sky from me
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Often indicted but never convicted. :wink:

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
TITAN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TITAN »

flyinggreasemonkey wrote:From the Maylan-Bluebird thread under Flight Training.
"Blue Bird is more crooked than the Prime Minister's pecker. Very shady operation. The AE is actually in Vancouver and the school is watched by 2 brothers that have no work authorization in Canada. The brother's father comes by once in a blue moon to use company resources to try to get Subway franchises established. They frequently let payments lapse on important things like maintenance (anyone know if they ever got VVB out of hock?),fuel, and their lease. The students tend to party all the time, and come in unprepared and stinky. Their recruiter in India is a big scammer who likes to withold payments to the school even though the students have already paid.

Check their CADORS.
Steer clear."

Bang on.
Yup thats about as accurate as you can get, and if anyone knows , trust me I DO!!!!

Most flying is a forward motion mine is doing backstrokes!!!
highfly123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by highfly123 »

I think it would be better if someone will enquire about Bluebird Flight Academy from the students who already got trained there, they are a better source to give the real picture then any other about that institute. It's also true that one should not directly rely on some of those comments that are made to promote the bad replica of any company. From my personal experience, I can say that BBFA is a well-reputed aviation academy in Canada as I knew many pilots who got trained there for CPL and had a very good experience over there. They are now working nicely in their professional career and owe great respect to that institute.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

highfly123 wrote:From my personal experience, I can say that BBFA is a well-reputed aviation academy in Canada as I knew many pilots who got trained there for CPL and had a very good experience over there. They are now working nicely in their professional career and owe great respect to that institute.
:lol:

As if flying East towards Chilliwack wasn't scary enough with all of the NORDOs running around, and CYCW being a gong show to begin with, throw in a bit of Blue Bird, and the shit really hits the fan.

Last edited by 7ECA on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
checkremarks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by checkremarks »

Stay Away, I had a friend of mine work there and hated it. He wouldn't recommend it.

they were also TC Corporate Offenders at one time

Corporation:
Blue Bird Flight Academy Inc.

Date: Count(s): Violation: Penalty: Location:
2011/09/02 1 CAR 202.13(2) $ 8 750 London, Ont.
The Company operated in Canada an aircraft that was neither registered in Canada, in a contracting state or in a foreign state that had an agreement in force with Canada.

Attachments
On their first week....
On their first week....
50778_1358446064 (1).jpg (548.55 KiB) Viewed 3844 times
"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"
"Why don't you knock it off with all them negative waves"
Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Illya Kuryakin »

Get out the crosses, garlic, wolf bane, holy water and stakes! Arm the villagers with torches and pitch forks! Run away! Run away fast!
Illya

Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then.
Pop n Fresh
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Pop n Fresh »

Mmmmm stakes.
The students tend to party all the time, and come in unprepared and stinky.
Why do flight instructors keep complaining about this? I'm paying them arn't I?

ftujob
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ftujob »

To my understand and seeing all thats been going with Flight School around Canada these days, the best way to find whats what is by using your own brains rather than listening others.
The Noticeable thing is that these days no student what progress for other student and keep all for them self.

A FTU's job is provide training to its students, in this the FTU remain the same but the students are all different. Just like as a passenger with airlines, some say XYZ airline is better some say ABC airline is better, the thought changes from person to person but the airline is yet the same.

So choose wisely guys...

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

Ha!

Nope, it's a shit show operator, and they're lucky they haven't been run out of town for all the idiocy they perpetrate.

The immigration and billing scams alone should have the owners behind bars...

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

TITAN wrote: Sat May 22, 2010 6:45 am
flyinggreasemonkey wrote:From the Maylan-Bluebird thread under Flight Training.

Check their CADORS.
Steer clear."

Bang on.
Yup thats about as accurate as you can get, and if anyone knows , trust me I DO!!!!
Is Blue bird where the Maylan crooks went?

Return to “Employment Forum”