Brucelandair International

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

warbirdpilot7
Rank 3
Rank 3

Brucelandair International

Post by warbirdpilot7 »

A friend mentioned this company to me. They are out of Wiarton, Ont. Anyone have info about them? All I know is they do survey work.
---------- ADS -----------

PanEuropean
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Brucelandair International

Post by PanEuropean »

All I can tell you is that the company name has been around for a long time. When I did ab-initio instruction out of Wiarton in the mid 1980s, they were there.

Michael

hew44
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by hew44 »

They do survey work all over, have had contracts down in south america. Alot of the current contracts are in the canadian arctic. They like there pilots to have 500 hours multi, they dont have the 206 anymore. Its all contract work so schedule and i imagine pay vary job to job, but ive heard maximum time away is 3 months at a time.

YYZ-pilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YYZ-pilot »

Has anyone worked for them recently.

Just wondering what working conditions and pay are like. They have a large project in South America going on now and are hiring several crews.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

I'd be cautious working for them right now. They are involved in a pretty big and complex project in Columbia where the planes haven't moved since - oh - December-ish. I don't believe it was them but they were involved in the project when a Navajo ended up a permanent feature in the Columbian hillside.

Just be careful and cautious. Ask the right questions if you get an interview (not just how much money, and what's the schedule like....) That Columbia project may not be your best first foray into the world of survey.

Good luck.

S.

citizenbanana
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by citizenbanana »

Agree with schnitzel, I would be cautious of this job. Probably pays well, most survey contracts do. Could be a while before they actually turn a prop in Columbia. That was Oracle that lost the Navajo down there.

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

and for the record, Oracle was a reputable operator. not sure on the experience of the pilot, but I knew at least one of the principles(RIP), and he was a very safety conscious guy.

I'd be very cautious of BA..as others have stated...ask lots of questions. Flying survey in the Andes in a Navajo is not a wise proposition IMHO. If it's a twin turbine, then ok. Or if it's lower elevation terrain, or flat-ish geography, with a Navajo, then also okay. But those andes are real big and real unforgiving. not a great place to learn to fly survey.

Longtimer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Longtimer »

Looks like they plan to spread their wings.

Canadian Transportation Agency
Search and menus
Search and menus
Home Decisions and determinations
Determination No. A-2020-174
October 16, 2020
APPLICATION by 138883 Canada Inc. carrying on business as Brucelandair International (applicant) pursuant to section 61 of the Canada Transportation Act, SC 1996, c 10 (CTA).

Case number:
20-09025
The applicant has applied to the Canadian Transportation Agency (Agency) for a licence to operate a domestic service, small aircraft.

The Agency is satisfied that the applicant meets all the applicable requirements of section 61 of the CTA.

Accordingly, the Agency issues the licence.

Home Decisions and determinations
Determination No. A-2020-175
October 16, 2020
APPLICATION by 138883 Canada Inc. carrying on business as Brucelandair International (applicant) pursuant to subsection 73(1) of the Canada Transportation Act, SC 1996, c 10 (CTA).

Case number:
20-09026
The applicant has applied to the Canadian Transportation Agency (Agency) for a licence to operate a non‑scheduled international service, small aircraft, to transport traffic on a charter basis between Canada and any other country.

The Agency is satisfied that the applicant meets all the applicable requirements of subsection 73(1) of the CTA.

Accordingly, the Agency issues the licence.

Pursuant to subsection 74(1) of the CTA, the licence is subject to the conditions prescribed by the Air Transportation Regulations, SOR/88-58, and the following condition:

The Licensee is authorized to transport traffic on a charter basis between Canada and any other country.

Member(s)

skybluetrek
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by skybluetrek »

Columbia is a clothing brand

Return to “Employment Forum”