Montair / No pay?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Montair / No pay?

Post by loopa »

Just saw that they posted an ad. I recently heard that they have not been paying their instructors for recent months? Is there any truth to this rumor? Thought things were set to close down in YPK and that things were falling apart. I guess they are experiencing business again.
---------- ADS -----------

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Montair / No pay?

Post by AirFrame »

I'm almost embarassed to admit that I got my license through that outfit. Thankfully, my instructor was excellent (and no longer with Montair).

takamasa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by takamasa »

i just applied for the job there.

hopefully it wont be too bad. any ideas if i should drop off my resume in person?

BverLuver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BverLuver »

Takamasa, are you for real? It seems like you will not be happy until you find the sh$tiest company and the worst working conditions in aviation. No one will hire you in canada because you have no respect for yourself or the industry. Do everyone a favor and just stay wherever you are.

BL

Old Dog Flying
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Old Dog Flying »

They are not operating out of ZBB due to owing tonnes of money...not the place to be working under any circumstances

takamasa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by takamasa »

i really wish to stay away from montair however i have been searching for jobs over the last year

still cant find anything yet

i have no choices at this moment, as long as they hire me , i probably have to take it.

Captain X
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Captain X »

takamasa, with all due respect. You have to be able move if you want to gain employment. Don't just stick around the lower mainland cause its a beautiful place to live and then get paid crappy wages, because the operators know they can. I am not saying it will be better in other locations in Canada. However you should be able to find a job if you are able to move around. I do not know your experience level but good luck to you. Don't accept working for a company which seems to treat its employees as an expendable and easily replaceable commodity.

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

takamasa wrote: i have no choices at this moment, as long as they hire me , i probably have to take it.
You are what is wrong with this industry.

BverLuver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BverLuver »

Redneck_pilot86 wrote:
takamasa wrote: i have no choices at this moment, as long as they hire me , i probably have to take it.
You are what is wrong with this industry.

^ What he said, 100% correct. takamasa, you do not have to take that job nor any other like it, you do have choices. The real choice may be realising that this industry is just not for you. The sooner you understand that and deal with it, the better off you and the rest of us will be.

BL

FighterPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FighterPilot »

takamasa wrote:i really wish to stay away from montair however i have been searching for jobs over the last year

i have no choices at this moment, as long as they hire me , i probably have to take it.

aycarumba
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aycarumba »

takamasa wrote:i really wish to stay away from montair however i have been searching for jobs over the last year

Oh come on, I know guys with 250 hours and got a job either being an FO on the ho or a teaching job in the lower mainland. the atitude of "As long as they hire me, I probably have to take it" isn't gonna get you far in this industry.

Remember! IF YOU'RE GOOD AT SOMETHING, NEVER DO IT FOR FREE.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Old Dog Flying wrote:They are not operating out of ZBB due to owing tonnes of money...not the place to be working under any circumstances
Have things seriously gone that far downhill at Montair?? They were reputable when I was on the field at ZBB... what happened?

Old Dog Flying
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Old Dog Flying »

Rowdy: It was only a matter of time...he was such a sweet, lovable , kind, caring, understanding, generous , soft spoken employer.....NOT

shamrock104
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by shamrock104 »

The owner for sure was probably their downfall.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Old Dog Flying wrote:Rowdy: It was only a matter of time...he was such a sweet, lovable , kind, caring, understanding, generous , soft spoken employer.....NOT
Oh trust me, I had many a 'discussion' with the fuhrer..

However, things were properly run, the aircraft well maintained and they did have a few solid instructors there.. I guess when the spice jet or whatever contract they'd nabbed fell apart it all went downhill.. Or did one of the ex-PC12 pilots finally sue? I haven't been around ZBB much in the last oh.. 7 years

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

I can't speak to the management of the operation, but I haven't thought much of the quality of the flight instruction provided since "Zu-Bra-Bravo" didn't join the circuit at YCW properly, instead coming straight-in for the runway opposite to the direction in which I had just called turning final, forcing me to overshoot. Nor was I much impressed on a separate occasion when terminal asked them for their altitude, and they kept repeating their heading, until terminal finally gave up and rerouted the nearby IFR traffic. Nor was I particularly pleased when I started to pull out of the run-up bay and was cut off by a Montair plane with an instructor on board who sneered back at me over his shoulder while we held short. I've heard absolutely nothing positive about this company, and my experiences back that up. Why anyone would ever consider working for them (especially when the thread is titled "Montair / No Pay") is beyond me.

takamasa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by takamasa »

first of all,

thank you for every one's reply. I do understand everyone's here wants to keep me away from being falling into a trap.

However, with limited experience in aviation field, mind if you may provide me with some ideas of flight schools on west coast that are currently hiring? I sincerely would like the opportunity to fly again .

once again, thank you very much for everyone's advise.

best regards

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

Takamasa, I think people have already given you great advice... Look elsewhere. If you can't find something on the West Coast, *look elsewhere*. You're a pilot, who can traverse large stretches of the surface of this planet in one go... Surely you don't think you can stay in one place all the time?

BverLuver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BverLuver »

takamasa wrote:first of all,

thank you for every one's reply. I do understand everyone's here wants to keep me away from being falling into a trap.

However, with limited experience in aviation field, mind if you may provide me with some ideas of flight schools on west coast that are currently hiring? I sincerely would like the opportunity to fly again .

once again, thank you very much for everyone's advise.

best regards
It's not about keeping you from falling in a trap, it's about making you realize and understand very clearly that making a decision to work in an evrionment like this hurts ALL of us and degrades the profession for ALL of us. If this was the first time you had done this, I may be willing to give you some slack, but it's not, it happens on a very regular basis with you! Wake up takamasa, show us and yourself some respect!

BL

Masters Off
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Masters Off »

We're just here to help. Moving away is what may open your eyes. I know plenty of instructors and other pilots 702/3/4/5 who are much happier they did. Meanwhile I know a few that took too many years to get where they wanted (or never did get there) because of their choice to stay near home (usually a cessna's glide range from the local airport.)

If you can catch the AvCanada boys in a good mood you'll be great. Give them a problem, they can give you great solutions. (Having said that, catch the guys on a bad day and they'll make you believe you really shouldn't be here). Take it all with a grain of salt, however I agree with them, always work for what you're worth. And if you work for free, most believe you're north worth much if anything. Therefore don't expect to move anywhere beyond there, or keep any pride.

MO

Return to “Employment Forum”