Algonquin airlink

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Charles the Equestrian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Algonquin airlink

Post by Charles the Equestrian »

So even if you write a cute job post with the salary and working conditions spelled out in crayon, you can still make someone's shit list?

When people send resumes to me I promise a customized youtube video response which includes a choreographed Fred Astaire-style dance routine at the end along with a fruit basket sent to their home address. It's just proper employer etiquette.

For what it is worth, although I never applied, I never got a response either. A friendly "Wish you would have applied and good luck in your numerous future endeavours, Charlie" would suffice.
---------- ADS -----------

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Charles the Equestrian wrote:So even if you write a cute job post with the salary and working conditions spelled out in crayon, you can still make someone's shit list?

When people send resumes to me I promise a customized youtube video response which includes a choreographed Fred Astaire-style dance routine at the end along with a fruit basket sent to their home address. It's just proper employer etiquette.

For what it is worth, although I never applied, I never got a response either. A friendly "Wish you would have applied and good luck in your numerous future endeavours, Charlie" would suffice.

I'm not even sure how to respond to that, but it was funny!

For what it's also worth, we do our best to acknowledge every person that has taken the time to send us a resume...and there are many! There was intention to make some calls today, but again sometimes things just get higher priority than others in a small operation. It is nothing personal or intentional for or against anyone just the nature of the business. It's a really great company to work for and I look forward to meeting the lucky person or people who will join us.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Btw, If anyone has any questions or concerns about Algonquin feel free to PM me anytime

JonYTS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JonYTS »

Just this morning, Tue Apr 10,2018, I monitored Algonquin airlink, Frosty 134 fly to Kirkland Lake Ontario, CYKX. They fly from Pearson to Kirkland Lake on occasion.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

It's a pretty badass callsign. I love it when those guys are on freq and you hear the US guys asking what they are flying (thinking it's going to be an A-10 or F-16) and Center comes back....yeah....Citation.

:lol:

Flight deck laughs.

S.

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:08 am It's a pretty badass callsign. I love it when those guys are on freq and you hear the US guys asking what they are flying (thinking it's going to be an A-10 or F-16) and Center comes back....yeah....Citation.

:lol:

Flight deck laughs.

S.
We always get the last laugh when they ask us to do Mach .79 or better and we simply reply, “unable...citation” followed by atc giving a bunch of other traffic, “maintain .75 or less for spacing”

But It’s actually Private Air now, not Algonquin Airlink. The US controllers always ask us for clarification and usually the quickest way is to say “Like the snowman” which plays well in the southern desert states.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

cdnpilot77 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:45 pm
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:08 am
Flight deck laughs.

S.
We always get the last laugh when they ask us to do Mach .79 or better and we simply reply, “unable...citation” followed by atc giving a bunch of other traffic, “maintain .75 or less for spacing”

But It’s actually Private Air now, not Algonquin Airlink. The US controllers always ask us for clarification and usually the quickest way is to say “Like the snowman” which plays well in the southern desert states.
Don't lose that callsign whether AA or PA.

And enjoy the notoriety of clogging up the airways with those slowtations haha.

Take it easy brother.

S.

Return to “Employment Forum”