Hire me forum

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

High Flyin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Hire me forum

Post by High Flyin »

I see tons of people placing resumes in there, but has anyone ever heard from an employer contacting them specifically regarding their résumé posted here?
---------- ADS -----------

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Hire me forum

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Yes I did when mine was posted 2-3 years ago

Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

I had some responses when I posted there as well.

Swampdonk
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Swampdonk »

Last year

vrrotate
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vrrotate »

About 5 years ago I used it and also had a response. A few employers contacted me. I had probably around 2500 hours at the time. I'm curious as to real low time people and their success though.

Bronco Billy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Bronco Billy »

A buddy of mine had 400 hours or so, a bit of everything not only flyinng a cessna around the airport, he got contacted and got a job afterward.

B-rad
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by B-rad »

That's awesome to hear success coming from that forum. AvCanada is an incredible place. I'm very thankful for this online community and everyone who contributes and frequents it.

bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bandaid »

Thanks for this. When I approve a resume I often ask the author to let me know how they make out. I have actually never heard from anyone so this is nice to see. Good to see that posting on here can make a difference but don't use this as your only resource, make sure that you new guys get a proper resume done and sent to your companies of choice.

lost in the north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lost in the north »

We get maybe one paper resume per year now,and not many email.Would like to see more people use this site.Where are all the 500 pic's on singles...are they all employed?

YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

lost in the north wrote:We get maybe one paper resume per year now,and not many email.Would like to see more people use this site.Where are all the 500 pic's on singles...are they all employed?
If not by paper resume and not by email, then how are prospective employees contacting you? Phone? Road trip?

lost in the north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lost in the north »

usually the departing pilot reccomends a friend,or a phone call a the right time...

250hrsand counting
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by 250hrsand counting »

Ok im a low timer working in the I.T world (working to live not living to work).I know i dont have 500+ hours but the optimist in me and the posts im reading tells me nothing is impossible so il keep my fingers crossed and hope my phone rings. A friend from PPRuNe says if you are in Canada and want to get a foot into the aviation workforce by spring try the subforum hire me(hopefully i don't make him eat his words) This site is really a good pool of information. How does the administrators get funding?......As it is free to sign up.You guys/girls are doing a hell of a great job.The guys and girls who get jobs courtesy of avcanada should use their church-mind and pay tithes (that's just my personal opinion) Keep up the good work guys and expect my donation once i get a right seat position.

thatlowtimer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by thatlowtimer »

and pay tithes
Alright lads, light the torches and grab the pitchforks. It's flamin' time.

Return to “Employment Forum”