Looking for info on London Air Services

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

VincentJames
Rank 0
Rank 0

Looking for info on London Air Services

Post by VincentJames »

Hello.

Looking for some info on LAS: Starting FO pay for the fixed wing division, time off per month, vacation weeks per year, work rotation ( on call, etc, etc)

Thanks,
V
---------- ADS -----------

wordstwice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Looking for info on London Air Services

Post by wordstwice »

Starting FO pay is $56,000 but that's also the ending FO pay.

Schedule is 8 on 4 off. The 4 off float as per flights but your third set of 4 days off are gdo's

3 Year bond.

The normal benefits you'd expect- dental, extended health, rrsp's etc.

Cough Syrup
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Cough Syrup »

3 year bond??????

:shock:

checkremarks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by checkremarks »

Cough Syrup wrote:3 year bond??????

:shock:
Your going to need some cough syrup to swallow that one down!

wordstwice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by wordstwice »

Yup, and expect to be assigned some sort of "office duties" as well. So if you arent flying you will have some other tasks to accomplish. Not much difference than most other corporate companies to be expected to take on these extra tasks, just be forewarned that LAS is no different.

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

True about the extra duties but these guys are famous for their low captain's pay.

Phlyer
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Phlyer »

It explains why they have had a job ad up for the better part of a year. I am glad no one is taking it - hopefully it sends a message.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

F/O pay has gone up. IIRC is was only just over $40K a couple years ago...

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

iflyforpie wrote:F/O pay has gone up. IIRC is was only just over $40K a couple years ago...

There was a "junior FO" program about 7 years ago where a couple guys started at 40k.

Still though, it has increased from 50k a few years ago to 56k now. When you get upgraded (upgrade times depend on need and your experience and of course performance) you move to 70k...yes, that is low. No other set pay scale, but in general I averaged 6k per year raise over 5 years being Lear FO, CL605 FO and LR45 Capt. Upgrade times have been as low as 6 months up to 3.5 years.

I know other guys that were there for 5 years and only moved up 10k though (through no fault of their own). Look at my personal experience as the high side. I was lucky. With movement these days, though, I would expect a hard worker to do ok at LAS.

Great group of people to work with. If you want to break into the Bizet world, it's a good place to go for a few years.

PT6Lover
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PT6Lover »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any recent info about pay scales, schedules and working conditions ( destinations, passengers/clients & co workers) at London Air.
From what I can piece together here on AvCanada it seems like starting pay for F/O' is 56k and Capts 70k? Is that still accurate and does it make sense for the types they fly? (Lear 45 - 75, CL605 and the globals that they ordered?)

Thanks

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

AFAIK now, FO still start at 56k
LR45 Capt 80k

Their salaries are competitive for a bizjet charter company.

You won't find a better place to break into the bizjet world in western canada. All new aircraft, great people to work with. Good destinations. Lears lots of west coast NA, a bit of Mexico, a bit of east coast. 605's go world wide. Schedule is still 8-4 as a previous poster mentioned with the floaters and GDO's. Vacation starts at 3 weeks and goes to 4 weeks after 3 years.

The office duties mentioned by a previous poster amount to maybe 1/2 day per week of work.

Detractions are low per diems, the bond, lack of a set pay scale. But lifestyle on the road is pretty decent.

Almost always get a rental car on layovers which is nice. (As opposed to using FBO shuttles as many charter companies do).

PT6Lover
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PT6Lover »

Thanks WalleyPilot!

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Detractions are low per diems, the bond, lack of a set pay scale. But lifestyle on the road is pretty decent.
So the bond is actually 3 years? I have never heard of that at any company, that's brutal.

Return to “Employment Forum”