The Transwest Air Affair

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

The Transwest Air Affair

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

I've been following whats going on in that company for a few months now. It there has been a lot of movement somehow. Bad or Good? Can't really tell. They have been posting for left seat positions for the past few months now and they seem desperate I heard. Been doing some research on the company through avcanada and other sources, but not much is to be found. Besides the 250hr guy going ramp for a couple of years, what are the true minimums for direct-entry F/O....if any? And how come they seem not to be able to keep crews on? Is it the same shitty situation as a few years ago? Awaiting your points of views!
---------- ADS -----------

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: The Transwest Air Affair

Post by DanWEC »

They are posting for DE F/O's? Don't normally see that there, they move the ground positions to line, that's how they fill the right seat. They have always have DE captain postings for most aircraft as their capt's keep moving on.

esp803

Post by esp803 »

I've never worked at TWA, and I have never seen or heard of them hiring direct entry f/o's. I suspect that an airbus type rating is not going to help you out.

letsfly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by letsfly »

Maybe the sale will stabilize things a little. The cream of the crop seems to always move up or across.

buzzinaround
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by buzzinaround »

Yes, rumours are out a deal is done for TWA. Wondering if the deal favors the East or West?

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

Who did they get sold to?

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

Ledcor? viewtopic.php?f=54&t=92700&hilit=transwest
Never did fgure out if that thread was about transwest air or transwest helicopters

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
buzzinaround
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by buzzinaround »

If Ledcor I am sure the world would already know.

Return to “Employment Forum”