Best idea ever!

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

longjon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Best idea ever!

Post by longjon »

Didn't Carl Millard have a similar scam years ago and not he's revered as a pioneer of Canadian Aviation.
---------- ADS -----------

cbty
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cbty »

I suggest to do not pay any penny before being in Belizei. It is quite possible it is a scam. There was something similar in U.S.A., in Miami a couple of years ago where a protenstant priest was claiming to let you fly in Brasil if you were paying his hours-building program. It was all a fraud.

Be careful!

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by timel »

Hello,

Please acknowledge the commercial practices of tropic air.
http://www.pilotcareercentre.com/Air-Ca ... Tropic+Air

They 'hire' copilots that have to pay to fly commercial flights.
http://www.tropicairpilotprogram.com/How_it_Works.html

This is against pilot industry and against good commercial practices.
Hope they get permanently removed from your website.

Thank you

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

DanWEC wrote:Well, to play Devils Advocate, I wonder if they have to fly two crew. If they do, this is an absolute abomination, if not, well, it's capitalism.
Either way, it's still pathetically ridiculous how this Email contact gave a cost comparison between their FO for pay program and a Florida time building rental company... Rental!! You rent the plane, do what you want. NOT Tropic Air, where you're paying to fly their routes!!
"You provide a service you do what we tell you, and you pay for it too- because you're too stupid to have any self worth!! Have any energy left over after a hard days work of paying? Awesome! Give me 50 bucks and I'll let you wash my car and toss my salad."
They fly single pilot. So, it is just capitalism. Not that it makes it much better, mind you. The last time I flew on them as a pax, only a couple machines were IFR...and that was just for flights over to Guatemala. But if you're that desperate that you feel you need to pay for time in a single engine VFR operation, then whatever....who cares.

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by timel »

Last edited by timel on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

If you don't get a PPC, or the Belizian equivalent, and you're a co-pilot in a single-pilot aircraft, them any hours you log aren't legitimate. You might as well be logging your time as a passenger too. Why not cut out the middle man, save thousands of dollars, and put false entries in your logbook?

FAF
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FAF »

After all the above have been satisfactorily completed your 1 month Hour Building Program will begin. It is up to you how many flights you choose to fly on since flights leave daily and any days taken off are included in your monthly payment. On average, FO’s) log as much as 100hrs per month, it is all up to the individual.

Taken directly from their website. It looks like no PIC, it's dual that you can't log, but you can pay for and not eat the kd?

glorifieddriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by glorifieddriver »

May be if you have no better way to spend $10000, just as a way to travel the country for a month, it would be a cool "cruise"...This would not be something you might want on your resume.

Return to “Employment Forum”