Single Engine Taxi

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Single Engine Taxi

Post by Troubleshot »

Since when did you guys start doing this? I left Porter in 2011 so after that I assume. Was using Porter last weekend for work and I really thought the crew shut down #1 due to a warning after touch down or something lol...
---------- ADS -----------

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Single Engine Taxi

Post by chipmunk »

Spring 2014, I believe.

sportingrifle
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sportingrifle »

How doe you stop a Q400 if the other engine quits? Many decades ago we looked at this with the -300 and at that time the concern was that in that (unlikely) event all you had left was to apply the park brake.

Chris M
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Chris M »

The accumulators don't hold enough reserve pressure to activate the brakes?

Valhalla
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Valhalla »

sportingrifle wrote:How doe you stop a Q400 if the other engine quits? Many decades ago we looked at this with the -300 and at that time the concern was that in that (unlikely) event all you had left was to apply the park brake.
When you looked at it "many decades ago", it would not have been an approved procedure from Bombardier (or DeHavilland). Single engine taxi is now in the AFM for the Q400, and in the very highly unlikely even that the other engine quits, the parking brake will indeed stop the airplane. A more likely scenario is the standby hydraulic pump being accidentally turned off or failing, leaving again only the parking brake. So a good check of the hydraulic gauge prior to approaching the gate is a prudent SOP.

Return to “Porter Airlines”