Perimeter aviation

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Capt.amine
Rank 1
Rank 1

Perimeter aviation

Post by Capt.amine »

Hey guys i have a few question about perimeter i would like to get some advices from some experienced pilots or student pilot or perimeter rampies .
1) i just begin my ppl in harvs . And there is someone who work at perimeter office who told me: once u get ur ppl u can apply for ramp position at perimeter and u keep working on ur cpl that way u will get ur seniority number coming up once u finish ur cpl/multi ifr , please guys is that gonna work ? I mean it is a good idea? Or my seniority to get to ther right seat wont be counted till i get the cpl/multi ifr
2) if i get my iatra after my cpl/multi ifr , will the iatra help me to get into the right seat for metro? ( cuz im really in a rush and i cant wait to fly lol)
If u have any ideas or advices please help i will appreciate that
---------- ADS -----------

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Perimeter aviation

Post by goingnowherefast »

Step 1. Learn to read. You put this in the PORTER forum. Completely different companies
Step 2. Use real English. I lost a few IQ points trying to read that. It was painful.
Step 3. There's many more, and also better companies than Perimeter (the green planes). Go on pilotcareercenter.com and research every Canadian company where you can go from 200hr wonder to ATPL.

Saxub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Perimeter aviation

Post by Saxub »

Capt.amine wrote:Hey guys i have a few question about perimeter i would like to get some advices from some experienced pilots or student pilot or perimeter rampies .
1) i just begin my ppl in harvs . And there is someone who work at perimeter office who told me: once u get ur ppl u can apply for ramp position at perimeter and u keep working on ur cpl that way u will get ur seniority number coming up once u finish ur cpl/multi ifr , please guys is that gonna work ? I mean it is a good idea? Or my seniority to get to ther right seat wont be counted till i get the cpl/multi ifr
2) if i get my iatra after my cpl/multi ifr , will the iatra help me to get into the right seat for metro? ( cuz im really in a rush and i cant wait to fly lol)
If u have any ideas or advices please help i will appreciate that
I know someone who has been there for two and a half years. 7 months a go finished his CPL/MIFR and was jumped by another rampie because he happened to be on vacation when the position opened up. Seniority really means nothing these days at perimeter. Walk cautiously if you plan to go this route. You're in it alone, and everyone will be trying to claw their way past you to get flight line.

Return to “Porter Airlines”