Porter Pilot Open House - January 31st 2017

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Julie- PorterPRA
Rank 1
Rank 1

Porter Pilot Open House - January 31st 2017

Post by Julie- PorterPRA »

On January 31st 2017, pilots with all levels of experience are invited to attend and learn more about their future in aviation with Porter Airlines. Come and see what makes Porter such an exciting place to start your career! Please RVSP by January 24th 2017 - Limited space.
---------- ADS -----------

Attachments
Pilot_openhouse2017.jpg
Pilot_openhouse2017.jpg (168.03 KiB) Viewed 6559 times
sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Porter Pilot Open House - January 31st 2017

Post by sanjet »

Great initiative, great company to work for.

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Anyone know how much hiring Porter plans to do in 2017 ?

marakii
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by marakii »

What can you expect at this gathering and I know I asked it already but does age matter ? Has anyone known if someone in their early 50's ever been hired?

Thanks

AZ382
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AZ382 »

I am aware of one that was hired in their early 50's. Good chance there were others.

JohnG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JohnG »

marakii wrote:What can you expect at this gathering and I know I asked it already but does age matter ? Has anyone known if someone in their early 50's ever been hired?

Thanks
The goal of the open house is to give pilots an HONEST idea of what life is like as a pilot at Porter. You'll meet real line pilots, management, tour the facilities and ask lots of questions.

As for the age question, we are looking for safe pilots that will fit into our Porter culture. There is no minimum age requirement.

marakii
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by marakii »

JohnG wrote:
marakii wrote:What can you expect at this gathering and I know I asked it already but does age matter ? Has anyone known if someone in their early 50's ever been hired?

Thanks
The goal of the open house is to give pilots an HONEST idea of what life is like as a pilot at Porter. You'll meet real line pilots, management, tour the facilities and ask lots of questions.

As for the age question, we are looking for safe pilots that will fit into our Porter culture. There is no minimum age requirement.
Thanks for the great info.

So does it really matter whether you have 1000 hours or 1500 hours to fly right seat on a dash.

And does being an old clunker like me that doesn't have alot of 703 flying under my belt but over twenty years working in the 705 world (non flying ) mean anything for Porter.

Cheers

Return to “Porter Airlines”