Lack of Crew?

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

superbilly24
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Lack of Crew?

Post by superbilly24 »

Looking at the posting for First Officers - Halifax Base.

I was under the impression YHZ was a senior base and that most new FO were YTZ based for a couple years. Does anyone know if YHZ base is going to junior FO these days? Is it mostly 3-4 days pairings for YHZ based?
---------- ADS -----------

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by chipmunk »

superbilly24 wrote:Looking at the posting for First Officers - Halifax Base.

I was under the impression YHZ was a senior base and that most new FO were YTZ based for a couple years. Does anyone know if YHZ base is going to junior FO these days? Is it mostly 3-4 days pairings for YHZ based?
YHZ is still fairly senior, particularly on the CA side. I believe base expansion and a little bit of turnover is causing the need for direct entry FOs as there weren't enough internal bids. Lots of 3 day pairings at YHZ.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 7507 »

Ruddervator wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:36 pm What kind of pilots is Porter attracting these days? Encore, Jazz, Sky, and even GGN have some form of flow to another carrier. Is Porter really the kind of place that anyone can stay at long term?
Is Porter the type of airline that you can retire at? What is the average captain salary and are.they losing pilots to Jazz and sky or Westjet?

airliner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by airliner »

Capt finish over 100000 without much problem.

Yes you can really make it a great place to finish your career at. It would be in my opinion one of the only true lifestyle airlines left.

Air Canada is the only place that we only seem to really loose people to

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 7507 »

airliner wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:41 pm Capt finish over 100000 without much problem.

Yes you can really make it a great place to finish your career at. It would be in my opinion one of the only true lifestyle airlines left.

Air Canada is the only place that we only seem to really loose people to
Do you think the pilot hiring at Porter will slow down soon? And is 1000 hours the minimum time still or will it rise?

Return to “Porter Airlines”