First Officer Intake 2018

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Galatica
Rank 0
Rank 0

First Officer Intake 2018

Post by Galatica »

Hi

What would be the time taken for reply to applications? Any idea about the interview process as such which may be different from what is mentioned already in earlier posts?

Much appreciate any replies.
---------- ADS -----------

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: First Officer Intake 2018

Post by DropTanks »

Galatica wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:18 pm Hi

What would be the time taken for reply to applications? Any idea about the interview process as such which may be different from what is mentioned already in earlier posts?

Much appreciate any replies.
2 arms ✅
2 legs ✅
Heartbeat ✅
Breathing ✅

“Sign here”

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

lemme guess, you are a jazz dash 8 first officer at year one pay :lol:

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

confusedalot wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:25 pm lemme guess, you are a jazz dash 8 first officer at year one pay :lol:
Lol! That’s cute sonny. I haven’t been a year 1 Dash pilot for about 10 yrs now. Clearly you must be Confusedalot 😂🤣

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

So.......10 year jazz pilot gets his jollies trashing other people, right? How come u are not at big red? lemme guess again...

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

confusedalot wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:32 pm So.......10 year jazz pilot gets his jollies trashing other people, right? How come u are not at big red? lemme guess again...
Who said I was a 10 year Jazz pilot?

Trashing other people? Please. Grow a pair. It’s a known fact that sky is and always has been a revolving door of new faces. I would know. Job offers would be made on the spot in the interview because they needed to fill seats fast.

Why am I not at Big Red? PFO’d in 2011. Why is that? You’d have to ask them. Don’t really care.

Still confused?

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

Sorry DropTanks. Sky Regional is still rejecting pilots with lots of good time. I think they still have plenty of applications to be this selective. Will the tide shift? I would imagine yes. But they're sticking to their 1500 hour requirement, not dropping it, and some high time guys/gals are getting turned down even though they possess great attitude/flying capability. Not sure why. Not sure if Sky does psych/cog evals, maybe that's where people fall apart?

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Well mr droptanks, in my experience, those who trash others tend to be miserable little persons who crave putting others down in order to compensate for their own shortcomings, double that for one who is a 10 year person in someplace, but hey, gotta justify your prima donna status anyways, right?

I think the previous poster put you in your place. Looks like you'll need another outlet to get your jollies.

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

Oh no you gave me an ouchie! Yeah I’m real devestated by my lot in life. Lmao! Looks like I struck a nerve with you eh pumpkin? Feeling a bit inferior cause somebody said it doesn’t take a space shuttle pilot to get on at Sky? I hate to break it to you but it doesn’t. Maybe protocols have changed a bit lately but WHEN I WAS THERE (gasp! Didn’t see that coming did you) the interview was a formality that filtered out a few, just a few people. Not nearly enough. Heck maybe I shouldn’t have gotten in eh? Lol. Don’t worry I’ll give you a nice little ego boost...
You are the mostest specialest awesomest jet Captain that has ever lived. Almost nobody has achieved that. 🙄 Put on that nice hat with the gold leaves and pose for your Facebook profile pic with “Air Canada” in the background. Just don’t let them see the “Express” part, right?

Get over yourself dude. I realize you feel slighted because somebody said it wasn’t very hard to get to where you are. Big deal. Doesn’t mean there aren’t great people there, just means there weren’t many turned away. Keep your head up, big red will call soon to confirm your awesomeness, and if not, don’t fret because Sunwing or Transat or Cargojet will.

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

hey Confusey, aren't you retired or something? Last place I'd spend my post flying days is on this forum. Hell why am I even here now? Now I'm confused..a lot.

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

Just to be clear, I was not putting you in your place as Confused said DropTanks.

I think I agree with you there Drop. The interview used to be a joke during the time guys like us got on. It’s a bit more formalized now. Most of the people getting on I have to admit seem pretty eager and trainable.

Maybe that’s the silver lining with lots of time... they don’t see you as trainable? Old dog new tricks? Not sure.

Last I heard they’re hiring around 20 FO’s in March.

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

GATRKGA wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:44 pm Just to be clear, I was not putting you in your place as Confused said DropTanks.

I think I agree with you there Drop. The interview used to be a joke during the time guys like us got on. It’s a bit more formalized now. Most of the people getting on I have to admit seem pretty eager and trainable.

Maybe that’s the silver lining with lots of time... they don’t see you as trainable? Old dog new tricks? Not sure.

Last I heard they’re hiring around 20 FO’s in March.
Glad to hear things are going well there. I had a great time at Sky.

AND hoping to congratulate you guys on joining ALPA soon! Good luck!

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

He he he, doesn't take a whole lot to rattle the avcanada crowd. My position, don't disparage people, and that would include tim Horton's employees, etc...

That would also include SkyRegional applicants. Includes everybody in society, come to think of it.

But no.....some feel the need to justify their superiority over others. As I said, those who do so usually have something to compensate for.

Yep, was a big jet guy years ago but alas, the realities of bankruptcies, mass layoffs, company closures and the like......brought me to......

SkyRegional.......I am no longer there.

But I never felt the need to put the rank and file down. Crazy, isn't it? Humble guy with a lot of background who chooses not to act like a jerk. Came from the bottom, paid my dues like everybody else, stayed humble.

And now here I am, making the grave error of standing up for others, and an attempt to disparage that notion is in order according to some. Strange world indeed here at avcanada.

I probably have more than you on my flight plan, and you know what, it does not matter; time goes by and you simply gain life experience no matter what.

good night prima donna.

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

You disparaged year 1 Jazz pilots.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

By a narrow technicality, I guess I did. Sorry. I guess I should have chosen a better profile that would describe an opportunist who ''made it'' by using the very system that particular person chooses to cast down.

On a side note, could not figure out why jazz people dumped jazz to go to skyregional. There were a number who did.

Having no job and looking for work is one thing. Having a good job and leaving it in favour for what is described as an inferior place, is quite another.

Return to “Air Canada”