Possible PFO email???

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

L1900Edge
Rank 1
Rank 1

Possible PFO email???

Post by L1900Edge »

I just recieved an email from one of the recruiters at SKY saying...

"Thank you for taking the time to interview with Sky Regional Airlines for the position of First Officer. We were just finalizing the next class this week. Unfortunately we have decided not to move forward with your application at this time, however we will certainly keep you in mind for future classes."

Whats peoples take on this? Anyone else get this email? If so, did they end up getting hired later?
---------- ADS -----------

L1900Edge
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Possible PFO email???

Post by L1900Edge »

HotDiggityDog wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:04 am My I ask what level of licence you currently hold and your total hours ?
I have met all their requirements, including holding an ATPL.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

That's fairly standard HR boilerplate. Basically, PFO...

The "...we'll retain your resume..." is a polite way of saying we have no interest in you; feel free to apply again and we'll probably just ignore your application in the future.

dash8driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dash8driver »

You saved yourself a world of despair. Go to Jazz! WestJet! Anywhere. At the moment Sky is not the place to be.

FenderManDan
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FenderManDan »

I met bunch of guys that left sky. Didn’t ask them directly since didn’t seem like a big deal. Is it that bad?

L1900Edge
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by L1900Edge »

dash8driver wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:55 pm You saved yourself a world of despair. Go to Jazz! WestJet! Anywhere. At the moment Sky is not the place to be.
From what I understand, and from what the word on the street is....Sky has some of the worst management in the entire country. Sounds to me like they're trying to find the right fit with someone who is willing to put up with them.

SeñorPiloto
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SeñorPiloto »

Stupid statement!

SeñorPiloto
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SeñorPiloto »

L1900Edge wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:06 am
dash8driver wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:55 pm You saved yourself a world of despair. Go to Jazz! WestJet! Anywhere. At the moment Sky is not the place to be.
From what I understand, and from what the word on the street is....Sky has some of the worst management in the entire country. Sounds to me like they're trying to find the right fit with someone who is willing to put up with them.

Stupid statement.

SeñorPiloto
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SeñorPiloto »

L1900Edge wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:06 am

Stupid statement.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Guy gets a PFO then immediately starts trashing the company?
Regardless of the issues at Sky, it's a small industry, and maybe something in your background raised an eyebrow? Honest advice- There are way too few bridges around here to be burning them.

Return to “Air Canada”