ALPA card drive starts today!

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: ALPA card drive starts today!

Post by sanjet »

Victory wrote:Working for less wages is a sacrifice that can pay off big time in the future so it is not the most pressing issue. Getting in on day one and reaping the rewards when the company expands is what matters the most.

LOL
---------- ADS -----------

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Victory wrote:Working for less wages is a sacrifice that can pay off big time in the future so it is not the most pressing issue. Getting in on day one and reaping the rewards when the company expands is what matters the most.
Saretsky? Is that you? :rolleyes:

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by flyer 1492 »

Rowdy wrote:
Saretsky? Is that you? :rolleyes:
It' NOT the employee's that reap the rewards. It's MANAGEMENT.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

JBI wrote: Thanks Confucius. That's a great quote from a Fortune Cookie.
LMAO :smt040 :lol:

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

When can Encore pilots express interest in Swoop? Has anyone been contacted?

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

Jimmy2 wrote:When can Encore pilots express interest in Swoop? Has anyone been contacted?
The day they don't have an interest in getting on the mainline.

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

If you have a seniority number on the list you could potentially take a LOA and fly the 737 at Swoop. Maybe even become Captain relatively quickly. Then when you have enough seniority at mainline to hold the left seat, switch back.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Jimmy2 wrote:If you have a seniority number on the list you could potentially take a LOA and fly the 737 at Swoop. Maybe even become Captain relatively quickly. Then when you have enough seniority at mainline to hold the left seat, switch back.
I can guarantee that if it is below what the 37 drivers are currently getting, or diffferent from what they are trying to negotiate than returning may not be so easy. You can bet your bottom dollar that if anyone takes a position that they (37 drivers) don't like, they will certainly make you go BOTL.

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

Jimmy2 wrote:If you have a seniority number on the list you could potentially take a LOA and fly the 737 at Swoop. Maybe even become Captain relatively quickly. Then when you have enough seniority at mainline to hold the left seat, switch back.
That's a lot of ifs and maybes.

I'm trying to figure out if you're trolling, have an overactive imagination or are just innocently misinformed. As it stands right now, there is no clause to allow pilots to take an LOA from either WJ or Encore and go fly for Swoop. LOAs at WJ, generally, are very limited. There is/was a provision for WJ pilots to fly for Encore and not lose their seniority but that was previously negotiated between the pilots and the company (and I stand to be corrected, but I don't think a single WJ pilot took that route). Also, as it stands right now, there has been no information about WJ's proposed wages & working conditions at Swoop. The only place I've heard "65%" mentioned is this message board - so it must true :roll:

Negotiations between ALPA and WJ are ongoing. So, you can proselytize all you want about how you think seniority and LOAs will work, but until the negotiations are complete, no one really knows how it will work out.

It is entirely possible that the agreement will have provisions that either make Swoop a position bid (similar to Rouge at AC - though I'm not suggesting the purpose of Swoop and Rouge is the same thing) or do have provisions on how seniority will, or will not, carry over between it and mainline. I think what is fair to say is that if WJ does not offer fair wages and working conditions for flying Swoop 737s, ALPA will negotiate very restrictive movement, seniority and scope clauses so that unlike at Encore, moving/flowing to WestJet mainline is not an enticement for pilots to join Swoop.

FurHat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FurHat »

http://www.alpa.org/news-and-events/new ... -join-alpa

Looks like the drive was successful.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Jazz, Encore and Georgian all now ALPA. Hopefully regional pilots everywhere will see improvements soon.

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

Good luck to Encore pilots. We are all in solidarity.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Good news! Congrats chaps.

Dizzy D
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dizzy D »

Certified. 8)

FurHat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FurHat »

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

http://calgaryherald.com/business/local ... sappointed

Awesome! "Company Disappointed" ... awww... that's so sad! Way to go Encore Pilots. If I didn't make (only) 40K a year, I'd buy every one of them a shot!

Das ist mir wurst...
Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

goingnowherefast wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:50 pm Jazz, Encore and Georgian all now ALPA. Hopefully regional pilots everywhere will see improvements soon.
What about Sky Regional, Pasco, etc, etc?

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

Pasco + WestJet Link = eventual union

I say they're ALPA in 2 years.

Return to “WestJet Encore”