How's morale with uncertainty of the one list?

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: How's morale with uncertainty of the one list?

Post by JBI »

The First Officer Job Posting is back up.

As I mentioned in a previous comment, while I don't have inside information, I anticipate hiring will continue throughout the year. Though, as Encore does not have any new aircraft arriving, I don't imagine that it will be at quite the torrid pace that it was last year.
---------- ADS -----------

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: How's morale with uncertainty of the one list?

Post by MrTurbine »

Fowler wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:24 pm I assume the pause is for current negotiating and things will pickup. Anyone want to comment how staffing is on the line? Is Encore short and needing fellas soon?
Encore will need people this year, but not as much as last year. We still need to figure out a few things post Kaplan award (new mainline/swoop contract) and finish our own negots at encore soon.

Little heavier currently with staffing in YYC, so mostly sending peeps to yyz for the next short little bit.

My best guess, YYC will open up in the summer, and all will be back to normal soon.

Hang in there. Nothing is stalling for hiring, just slowing down here and there, all ops normal.

If you have actual experience, you might be able to swing a 73 spot at swoop or mainline sooner.

Good luck.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “WestJet Encore”