Hiring process - next steps

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Hiring process - next steps

Post by hsilgnepilot »

Hi all,

I completed the online interview for the flight path program about 3 weeks and haven’t heard back with a PFO or continuing the process. I have 900TT, 675 of which is 704 turbo prop and I have about 140 PIC.

Is it normal to not hear anything for this long? Are they probably focusing more on the applications for people who have the full qualifications? I guess the next step in the process would hopefully be an in person/sim in YYC?

Thanks for any info
---------- ADS -----------

skyhighh
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Hiring process - next steps

Post by skyhighh »

3 Weeks isn't too long. I would wait until January 6th. If by then you still haven't heard anything, shoot them an Email. Also, as of now they want candidate to have a minimum of 1000h. If you have 1000h by January 6th, make sure to include it in your Email.

Good luck.

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

And you need 150 PIC to be called for a GS, as of now.

DaveP
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by DaveP »

Thanks for the question.

Indeed we are focused on the ones who meet the minimums but that doesn’t mean we aren’t stopping any flightpath interviews. So look at it as - no news is good news.

With the amount of hiring going on for 2020 (288 WJ and taking as much flow as we can from Encore) we need to really focus on keeping these classes full. Our two big courses for WJ are full in Jan (20 and 16) and we are now focusing on Feb.

Encore is running courses approx every 3 weeks and will soon start the flow again as they catch up on upgrades.

Exciting times especially with the new transfer agreement in place and the regional incentive (where you never have to drop in pay after you start at Encore - when you flow to WJ)

I wouldn’t sweat that you haven’t heard from us on next steps. We are running on all cylinders and the holidays slow us down a bit.

Take care
Dave

RockSalty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RockSalty »

I'm in a similar boat at the moment, did the video screening portion for the flightpath application a little over 6 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. Do they normally let you know if you didn't make the cut at this stage?

Would it be worth waiting another week or so and send them a quick email?

Cheers

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 8895 »

Hey everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone was in a similar position as me at this point.

Had the in person interview back in November, references called and background check complete but hadn’t heard back. I sent an email in to follow up and to also update on the fact that I’m now over 1000 hours (I was about 20 hours short when I went for the interview) and received a reply saying recruiters would be in contact shortly, but almost 3 weeks later still haven’t heard back.

Was just curious if anyone’s heard anything, as I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re pretty backed up at this point

172ReliefPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 172ReliefPilot »

8895 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:52 am Hey everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone was in a similar position as me at this point.

Had the in person interview back in November, references called and background check complete but hadn’t heard back. I sent an email in to follow up and to also update on the fact that I’m now over 1000 hours (I was about 20 hours short when I went for the interview) and received a reply saying recruiters would be in contact shortly, but almost 3 weeks later still haven’t heard back.

Was just curious if anyone’s heard anything, as I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re pretty backed up at this point
I wouldnt worry. Got interview in oct, pool call in november and got a call week and a bot ago for feb gs....just wait, but if you have a contact # it doesnt hurt to check up on the application

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

The way they use the pool is different from jazz.
Once the pool is full they will remove the ad and give Gs to the people waiting.
As soon as the pool is empty or they gave everyone a date they will open another ad for the next pool.

This is why when you are pooled it is written : “pooled for the next training class” and not only “pooled”

Hope that helps

igorcanuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by igorcanuck »

Hello everyone,

Interviewed for a DEC position at the beginning of February, background checked and references called. The status of my application on the website is "Unsuccessful at this time".

Does anyone know or had a similar situation? is this just a system automatic update or should I expect a PFO soon?

Thanks for any information!

paytoplay
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by paytoplay »

I was told the applications may appear to be cancelled on the website due to a transition into the new job posting. You would have applied for an older posting that was removed and replaced. I was told that the status does not affect your current standing so i.e. you should still be in the game.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

igorcanuck wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:36 am Hello everyone,

Interviewed for a DEC position at the beginning of February, background checked and references called. The status of my application on the website is "Unsuccessful at this time".

Does anyone know or had a similar situation? is this just a system automatic update or should I expect a PFO soon?

Thanks for any information!
Usually they call you before updating your status but you can shoot them an email.

hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hsilgnepilot »

Received a similar email. Interviewed exactly 2 weeks ago but for an FO spot. The email said that my application is still in progress and being transferred to a new posting.

Return to “WestJet Encore”