MOA2

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

George Taylor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: MOA2

Post by George Taylor »

The cuts were deep. Did very many Encore guys get to stay? I hope this is short lived and we’re back to normal soon. Good luck everyone and stay safe.
---------- ADS -----------

Gear Jerker
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Gear Jerker »

George Taylor wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:06 pm The cuts were deep. Did very many Encore guys get to stay? I hope this is short lived and we’re back to normal soon. Good luck everyone and stay safe.
There were a few. Over 90% of Encore is laid off. If WJ MEC does any mitigation, there may be a few more.

Good luck everyone.

Look, it's f***in Patrick Swayze and Reveen!
CaptainHaddock
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CaptainHaddock »

Billions of Bilious Blue Blistering Barnacles!
LennyLeonard
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LennyLeonard »

Company will go force majeure and not allow all of that retraining. Things will get interesting...

DirtyDashDriver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by DirtyDashDriver »

Maybe.

Or, maybe they spread the training cost over the number of months it would take Encore to realistically train 250-or-so pilots. Given social distancing rules, you'd not be able to train a class of 20. 6 to 10 at the most. So you're looking somewhere around two years to train everyone. Very, very rough math says it would cost around $3.5 million per year to train those pilots, and I figure a rougher estimate of the current training budget at Encore and mainline can't be any less $20 million. So the retraining costs appear to be a steal.

You're going to have to ask what the company thinks the fleet will look like in two years. If the fleet size today is around that number, then yes they will retrain because that's cheaper than constantly fighting with the two unions.

So it's probably better to decide which burgers are more interesting to flip at this point? - McDonald's, A&W, Burger King?

Return to “WestJet Encore”