AVCANADA

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:56 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Sunwing hiring process
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:18 am 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Good Morning all,

i just had an interview for sunwing yesterday in Ottawa, and of course very nervous, anxious and over analyzing lol they contacted my references shortly after the end of the interview i was wondering if this is a good sign or if this is generic and they call everyone's references before making any decisions, I dont want to get overly optimistic. Thanks for any advice!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:16 am 
Rank 3
Rank 3

JESSICA2017 wrote:
Good Morning all,

i just had an interview for sunwing yesterday in Ottawa, and of course very nervous, anxious and over analyzing lol they contacted my references shortly after the end of the interview i was wondering if this is a good sign or if this is generic and they call everyone's references before making any decisions, I dont want to get overly optimistic. Thanks for any advice!

English is actually my 3rd language, so I had to read your paragraph about 4 times before I was able to understand what you're trying to say. May I recommend punctuation and proper sentences?

What job did you apply for?

From personal experience, companies don't contact references unless you did well during the interview. From what you're saying, it looks promising.

Good luck,

Hans

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:41 am 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Any other ground schools planned for the remainder of 2017?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:25 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

most probably Joey..:
Company says "there will be non stop Hiring&training for the next 12&24 months..."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:29 pm 
Rank 2
Rank 2

JESSICA2017 wrote:
Good Morning all,

How did it go ? Have you heard back?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:35 pm 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Hey, looking for some info regarding Sunwing and hoping someone on the inside can help:

1) Is it still seasonal work? Do you work year around in Canada or do you have to alternate to Europe and back to Canada in the winters/layoff?
2) How many GDOs a month and what's the average days off a month?
3) What's the upgrade time and requirements?
4) What's the pay scale?
5) Is YYZ the main hub?

How do you even apply? I checked out the careers page and they have no postings for pilots.

I know I am asking a lot of questions but this probably sums up most of what a candidate would want to know before making a decision on applying there or not.

Ciao

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:27 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

will try to answers your questions:

1)No you don't have to.its your "choice": deployments in Europe work by bidding and seniority. (you might be drafted if you are very junior).
2) 11 GDO's /month is the minimum, practically its between 15 and 20..
3) upgrade time ..2..3 years right now. Requirements i think 5000h total, 2000H on jet.
4) hourly 58..$/H first year for f/O hourly rate increases 5..10$/years. MMG is 80h in the summer and goes up to 90H in the winter.
(hourly rate is double if you want to fly on a GDO.)
5) yes YYZ in the main hub , and YUL is the second one.
(YVR is not (yet) officially a permanent base).
I think you can still apply on "pilot jobs"

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:27 pm 
Rank 2
Rank 2

a380super wrote:
will try to answers your questions:

1)No you don't have to.its your "choice": deployments in Europe work by bidding and seniority. (you might be drafted if you are very junior).
2) 11 GDO's /month is the minimum, practically its between 15 and 20..
3) upgrade time ..2..3 years right now. Requirements i think 5000h total, 2000H on jet.
4) hourly 58..$/H first year for f/O hourly rate increases 5..10$/years. MMG is 80h in the summer and goes up to 90H in the winter.
(hourly rate is double if you want to fly on a GDO.)
5) yes YYZ in the main hub , and YUL is the second one.
(YVR is not (yet) officially a permanent base).
I think you can still apply on "pilot jobs"

Good luck.

That is very helpful, thanks!